{Week in Paradise Day:3}
Day 3: Bahama Mama Baby!
We woke up bright and early to Carnival's private island in the Bahamas, Half Moon Cay! You can bet I have been singing "Aruba Jamaica, oooh I wanna take ya, to Bermuda, Bahama's, come on pretty mama" for months in anticipation for this day.
Did I mention to you that the rooms on cruise ships are AMAZING. Yes, they are the size of a one person jail cell, and yes the shower is small enough to flood your 2ft by 2 ft bathroom, but there are zero windows. Zero. That means it is pitch black at say, 9:00 a.m.? 12:00 p.m.? 2:00 p.m.? It's night time all the time in those rooms. I think I feel some naps coming on!
Since it's their private Island there was no shopping and we didn't have any excursions planned which meant it was just us, the soft white sand between our toes, and the beautiful ocean!
There wasn't the greatest snorkeling on this island, but we tried to make the most of it. And by we, I mean everyone but me. I designated myself to stay with all of our stuff. Something about sticking my face in the water with a little tube to breathe out of makes me extremely claustrophobic. If there had been fish worth seeing I would have done it, but since everyone said it wasn't that great I opted to
Ryan won the award of the sexiest scuba diving pose.
I wasn't the only one who left this Island burnt to a crisp. Make that all
While everyone else was lined up to buy excessive amounts of alcohol we were all in line to buy tubs of aloe vera. Nothing like some good old icy hot to leave you feeling good . . . for the two seconds it lasted until you were painfully reminded how not smart you were.
Ben won the award of most likely to still burn after applying an entire bottle of sunscreen every half hour.
Nicole and I won the burnt thighs award. I wish we would have taken a picture.
We were patiently waiting for one of these mats to become available and boy was it worth it. Who knew a floating mat in the middle of the ocean could be so much fun? Cart wheels, jumping to try to make everyone else fall off, folding yourself into it taco style and seeing who could stay a float, the possibilities were endless. The award for least likely to stay a float while standing goes to MIKE! Guess that tends to happen when you are 6'4"!
At dinner we were serenaded by our waiters with "Happy Anniversary" sung very loudly to the tune of "Happy Birthday." Super embarrassing, but the cake was delish.
We stayed up way past our bed time playing games, laughing until we were sick, dancing, and watching movies on the lido deck and ended it imitating a pig on our bed.
Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to us!
To Be Continued . . .










0 comments:
Post a Comment