Saturday, May 11, 2013

{Week in Paradise Day 1-2}

After 2 years in the planning, too many shopping trips, too many game nights spent debating which excursions we should do, too many swimming suits tried on, and way, way, way too many good-bye kisses to my kids, and way, way, way, to many minutes of me bawling as we drove away and left them screaming there on the corner of the road (25 to be exact), we finally boarded that plane and set sail the very next day for our week long graduation friend cruise! A big thank you to the best sister ever for taking my kids as her own for 9 days. They didn't even miss us they had so much fun!


Our first day started at the very early hour of 4:00 a.m. so we could board our 6:00 a.m. flight to . . . L.A.? This would make perfect sense had our cruise been out of California, but nope. It wasn't. Not even close. Let's try Miami, Florida. Why in heaven's name we went from Salt Lake to L.A. to Dallas, Texas and then to Miama I have no clue.  I will admit though, the plane ride was a vacation in itself. I can't tell you the last time I rode an airplane, BY. MY. SELF. No one sitting on my lap, no screaming was heard nor awkward looks from other passengers exchanged, no profuse sweating was done due to tackling and entertaining two extremely small beings, and SLEEPING was accomplished. Best. Plane. Ride. EVER!

The second our last flight landed I gave a huge sigh or relief and told myself, "Okay, you only have to survive one week on a CARNIVAL cruise boat (which if you have been watching the news over the past 6 months our odds weren't looking good), 2 more airplanes, and then your children will not be left parent less!" I'm pretty sure I should be on anxiety medication ;)


That night we stayed in one nice Hotel room and by we, I mean 6 of us in ONE hotel room. Awesome! And I'm not being sarcastic, it was awesome. We arrived half starved and walked to a Chipotle to eat. Guys watched a basketball game while the girls walked to the store to get ice cream. We figured we wouldn't be eating enough treats in the next week so we better stock up ;) After annoyingly trying to watch Grey's Anatomy from my small phone, hours of gut wrenching laughter, and TMI learned about one another, the lovely time of sleep came around the hour of 2:01 A.M.


Since Tearsa and Ben were the last to arrive they were left with no other choice but to sandwich themselves right in the middle for the night. Good thing we were all exhausted. I for one don't remember anything once my head hit the pillow. Tearsa did inform us the next morning that Nicole and I were doing synchronized snoring. Something along the lines of she gave a snore then I followed with a whistle :)
 

Mike informed us that he froze his tushie off in the night. His worthless bed companions apparently didn't snuggle up close enough for his liking ;)


Day 2 we tiredly crawled into a twelve passenger van with no air conditioning and one of those crazy, hilarious, touristy Florida van drivers. We woke right up.


The next several hours were spent exploring every square inch of our cruise ship. Wait, rewind. First the food was explored. Everyone with two plates filled to the rim with who knows what, check. Seven desserts each, check. A couple of ice cream cones to go, check. 

 

The rest was kind of a blur. But I think there was some serious wind as we sailed away. Some dance moves busted by everyone except for me who awkwardly stood in the back and tried to copy the person in front of me. She looked like a good dancer ;) Oh, and I wasn't alone. Ryan was right there next to me doing the same thing. Actually, it was his idea in the first place and he was doing a pretty good job copying her and making me laugh hysterically at the same time.

That awkward moment where you are leaning over the railing, gazing out at the beautiful ocean, and your husband leans over to tell you that you shirt has basically blown over the back of your head happened moments before this.



We then went to dinner where all of the guys ordered at least two appetizers, at least two entrees, and only one dessert this time. I heart the warm chocolate melting cake . . . mmmmmm!


There was some serious snuggling going on on the serenity deck. The deck where no children are allowed. We either turned into those snobby people that didn't want to be bothered by children or we missed our own kids too much to bear watching all the families laughing and playing together while we were reminded that we abandoned ours. Hmmm . . . which one?


We ended the night with our cruise tradition of imitating the towel animal left on the bed and woke up the next morning to the beautiful Bahamas!

To Be Continued . . .


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP