Thursday, September 6, 2012

{A Seven Week "Vacation"}


I wasn't brave enough to handle three months completely by myself with these kiddos so our family took pity on us and allowed us to come stay with them for seven weeks! We really are blessed to have such a great family!

The kids and I flew into the Salt Lake Airport and were able to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa Pettit before heading to Boise for the remaining six weeks. We made the most of our week with them and were able to do lots of fun things! I was bad and didn't take very many pictures though. It sometimes nice to just sit back and enjoy the moment. We met Grandma for lunch at her school one day, which the kiddies thought was the greatest thing ever. Addy was in awe at all of the options she had to choose from for her lunch and loved meeting Grandma's fifth grade class.

We were able to meet the newest member of the Pettit Fam! Jen and Josh finally received their bundle of joy. And she really is a such a joy. They named her Ella Madison and she is absolutely beautiful. Since seeing her Addy has informed that she needs a sister next. No, this is not announcement, but she sure was cute with her. Ooohing and ahhing over her cuteness. And the pink, she couldn't get over all of the fun pink frilly things she got to wear. Up until the day she met Ella, she always told me she wanted a brother next, but she has changed her mind. She wants a sister!

Another day we ventured over to Seven Peaks for an evening and met up with our friends Annie, Duncan, and family. Sadly, it rained a little and was a bit chilly so we weren't able to stay long. Miss Addy and I did manage to squeeze in a few rides down the tube slides though and she loved it. Poor little Eli's lips were completely blue by the end of our short stay.

We took the kids to see Madagascar Three which is always interesting with a 22 month old. Addy was glued, Eli . . . not so much. He did glue himself to grandpa though and they were buddy's for the night. He LOVES his grandpa. Almost as much as his Daddy :) Later that night Ry's sister Kayla and I decided to go see another movie, "Snow White and the Hunstman." We loved it! It was great to get out and have some girl time, I just love her to pieces! Her and I also stayed up late one night making her little Miss Taizley some new hair accessories. A girl can never have too many of those!

The highlight of the trip for Addy and Eli was the day we kidnapped Grandma and Grandpa and had them all to ourselves. We enjoyed a morning at Thanksgiving Point in their farm area.


They were able to feed lot's of animals, go on a wagon ride, and . . . RIDE A PONY! I feel bad that I didn't think to video Addy riding her very first pony for Ryan because it was hilarious. She hopped right up there like she had done it a thousand times. She rode round, and round, and round waving like she was Miss America and yelling "YEEE HAW!" I have no idea where she even learned that from, but she was loving it!


The past month or so Eli has had an obsession with "shishies" as he calls them, or as the rest of the world refers to them, horsies. I thought for sure he would be so excited to ride one, but boy was I wrong. One look at the horse close up and he was done for. Notice him pulling my hair in an attempt to get off? Yeah . . . he is a hair puller and now I have the evidence! Not that gobs of Addy's hair brought to me daily wasn't evidence enough ;)



I guess he prefers his "shishies" from a distance. Addy was perfectly happy that Eli was terrified of the horse because that meant she got to have his ride. Crazy girl.

Miss you Ry!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP