Friday, August 31, 2012

{The Next Three Months}

I think I failed to mention that Ryan decided on a profession! He will be applying to the OBGYN Residencies all across the nation in just a few short weeks! I will admit, I wasn't too fond of his career choice at first, especially since it was the one field I told him he couldn't go in to when we first started this whole thing. haha! But after many discussions and hearing his reasoning's for why I couldn't help but feel at peace wit his decision. I know he will do great and that it's what he is supposed to do.


Our first year of Medical school I remember looking at the fourth years and thinking it was so far off for us and now here we are, in our last year of medical school. I also know that fourth year has been the year I have been dreading since our first year. I was completely shocked after we moved here and found out that during fourth year our husbands leave us to do audition rotations for several months! What?! I guess I should have done a little more research before I committed to this Medical School thing ;)

 I really have no room to complain because I know many people are away from their husbands for much longer, but we really are going to miss him these next three months. Like terribly miss him.

 He will be spending his first month in Hartford, Connecticut and living as a professional bum. Well, he was almost a bum. haha! We tried for 2 months to find him a place to live with no success. I felt so bad sending him on his way with a twenty two hour drive ahead of him and no place to live. Talk about stressful! He miraculously found a place last minute as he was sitting in the Walmart parking lot in Hartford, wondering what he was going to do. He decided to check craigs list one last time and there it was. A one bedroom being rented out by three other guys. This was a testimony to us that our Heavenly Father really is aware of us and our needs.

He will spend his last two months in Ohio where he will do one rotation in Akron, and one in Canton. As I said before, we are going to miss him like crazy. I don't know how we are going to survive with out him, but I know we will. We have such wonderful friends and family to support us. This too shall pass :)

2 comments:

Unknown September 21, 2012 at 5:49 AM  

Ryan is more than welcome here ANY time while he's in Akron/Canton. We have a spare bedroom with it's own bathroom if he needs a place to stay. He's always welcome for dinner or just if he's bored! I can totally relate with the being-gone part! Hang in there! :D Glad you got to see your families! Hooray! Hope you guys are doing well...and hoped your salsa turned out yummy!

Unknown September 21, 2012 at 5:50 AM  

P.S. if you got brave enough to drive out here, we have plenty of room ;-)

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP