Thursday, May 10, 2012

{She Did It!}

Adalee you were such a big girl . . . I finally decided you were ready for the dentist.
You waited so patiently in the waiting area building towers with the blocks!
Oh, and of course your mama had to whip out her camera to document just how good you were!!!


 When the dental hygienist said it was your turn you looked at me with complete fear in your eyes and immediately began to cry. 
I think I can count on one hand the number of times you have wrapped your little arms around my neck so tightly, as if the thought of letting go would be an end to your entire being.


The Dental Hygienist slipped away for a bit to see if she could find you a toy . . . something pink of course :)
It was then, that little by little, you unwrapped your tiny little arms from around my neck, looked at me as if searching for something, anything that would comfort you and give you courage.
And then you did it. You slid off my lap and into the chair.
 It was at that moment that I knew a little piece of you grew up, right before my eyes and I was so proud of you.
Call me silly, but moments like these are hard for you. You would usually completely shutdown, but not today pretty girl. Today you were such a big girl . . .

                                       


You hopped in to your chair, put headphones on, and watched Word World. 
You did exactly what they told you to do and held so still. 
You were a lucky girl because your Uncle Jason was your dentist!

 

When they finished you flashed me a huge smile and I knew inside you were saying, "I DID IT!" 
You picked out a new toothbrush, which to know surprise was pink, and purple and then you did what???
Spent the next hour patiently waiting for your mama, who's teeth weren't as perfect as yours, get two cavities filled . . . 
Mom chose not to document that part ;) 

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP