{Seis De Mayo}

Every year since moving to Iowa we have gotten together with friends and celebrated Cinco Des Mayo. No, none of us are Hispanic, but it was a good excuse to eat good food and party! This year I was in Idaho with my family so I decided we were going to have our own party! I think they all thought I was a little crazy, but we really did have a great time! However, we celebrated the day after, hence the "Seis De Mayo." My mom was good to help me with all of my crazy decor and food ideas. I tried to keep it pretty low key because I have been known to go a bit overboard on things like this ;) I think we did a pretty good job of keeping it simple though.
We feasted on knock of "Cafe Rio" burritos, lemonade drinks, seven layer bean dip, and cinnamon & sugared tortilla chips with ice cream for dessert. Mmmmmm. After our big feast we made maracas with the kids, which turned out to be a big "hit!" And then we headed out to the garage to "hit" on something else for a while. Bring on the pinata! Oh goodness, I love this family of mine. They put up with all of my crazy ideas with smiles on their faces and they sure do know how to party!





1 comments:
We had a great time. Thanks for helping me be more social.
Post a Comment