Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{The Heber Creeper}

My entire family got to be together for one glorious weekend! What was the occasion? Dum . . . du, du, dum. It was wedding time!! It has been far too long since we have had a wedding in this family so we were all pretty excited.

In the days leading up to the wedding we tried to make the most of our time together. My sister Shelley and her family turned their trip into a mini family vacation so my kiddos and I decided to tag along on some of their activities.


Take note of a pantsless little someone of mine. Due to an inept diaper changer, he lost his pants for the day ;)


I'm pretty sure this particular activity made all of Addy's wildest dreams come true. We took her for a train ride on the Heber Creeper. I was wishing I hadn't told her we were going on a train ride until the day of because she talked about it non stop for days. She was so sure her dreams were completely dashed when we arrived at the airport and was told she had to ride the airplane FIRST. This was quickly followed by screaming at the top of her lungs "No! Choo Choo ride FIRST than airplane!" She had it all planned out and was not satisfied when it didn't go according to plan.



I may have taken a bit of advantage over her excitement and hung the train ride over her head for everything. "If you want to go on the train ride you need to be a good girl on the airplane. If you want to go on a train ride you need to stop crying. If you want to go on a train ride you need to take a nap." And so on and so forth ;) It worked like a charm.



After a few days I think she probably thought I was lying about going on a train ride. But the day did come and she did finally get to ride the choo choo train. She was thrilled and had a great time catching up with her cousins! I hope all of her wildest dreams really did come true ;)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP