{Up, Up, and Away}

The little man's first airplane ride. My first airplane ride with two kids. And the little miss's first airplane ride that she actually remembers.
A year and a half ago an airplane ride had become routine for Miss Addy and I. Then Eli was born and Addy turned two and we haven't traveled since. I was really nervous at the thought of riding on the plane with both kids by myself, but after today I conquered that fear! I was able to fly on the same plane as one of my good friends (more explanation on this to come)so it was nice to have some moral support :)
To my surprise both kids did fantastic. I could not have asked for things to go more smoothly and best of all . . . we had the greatest welcoming party at the airport EVER! Ryan's mom, dad, two sisters, brother in-laws, and nephews were all there to greet us with balloons and everything! We felt very special! I wish I had had my camera with me :( We flew into the Provo airport which if you have ever been to this airport you would know that it is the teeniest tiniest airport you will ever see. We definitely had the largest welcoming crowd there ;) I later told my mother in-law that this was as close to coming home off a mission as I was going to get. What a great feeling! I really do have the best in-laws ever. Thank you all for making us feel so loved!
0 comments:
Post a Comment