{This Was Easter}


We started Easter preparations a few days ago when I attempted to take pictures of these kiddos. My ultimate goal was to get a picture of the two of them together.
It turned out pretty cute don't you think? Can't you just picture their cute, chubby cheeked, round faces under those big floppy bunny ears? Well, I sure hope you can imagine it, because that's as close as we are going to get to having the two of them in the same picture this time around ;) 
Easter started out with a visit from the Easter Bunny. He brought the kids fresh fruit from his garden, a kite for Addy, and binkies for Eli.
The morning had Addy happily devouring her fruit and gladly helping her brother with his :) It even managed to make Eli happy for a brief moment while he curiously checked out his Easter bucket. 
It was a day of snuggles, cuddles, rocking, calming, crying, and sleeping.
It was a day for non-traditional Easter outfits. No ruffly dresses and hair accessories. No handsome boys in sharp looking polos. Just pajamas. Simple, comfy, pajamas.
It was a day where you lay baby boy down and he cries and you pick him up and he still cries.
It was a day where a 103 degrees looks like this . . .
It was a day where your friends offer their help and show you nothing but kindness, even though they themselves are struggling on this Easter Sunday. You know who you are, and we love you.
It was an Easter unlike any other, but one that I am still grateful for. Yes, both kids were sick, but I got to snuggle them and hold them all day. It was an entire day spent together as a family. So, you yucky bug that has infected my children, you didn't completely ruin our Easter. In fact, it made it all that more memorable :) Happy Easter to all of our loved ones. We love you!
3 comments:
k, i blog stalked from ashley webb's page...how did i not know this existed? you are so talented and i hope you will decorate my house one day when we are sisters. lol! i hope the kiddos are better. :)
You healthy little Easter Bunny.... sorry about the sick kiddos- your Easter sounded a lot like ours- In our p.j's with a sick kid :( Hope they are feeling better
I am so sorry you and your children had to be sick! It just is not fair! How I remember those sick days! I hope you are all feeling better now!
Post a Comment