Sunday, April 10, 2011

{Omaha}

Last Saturday Ryan had a residency conference in Omaha. We decided to make a short weekend trip out of it and went down on Friday. Our friends Mike and Nicole and their girls also went with us which made it so fun!



We arrived in Omaha around noon and spent the rest of the day at the Zoo. We have heard great things about this zoo and were told we needed to take advantage of it. Supposedly it's comparable to the San Diego Zoo. The rumors were true, it was amazing and Adalee loved every minute of it.



It was a bit on the windy and chilly side, but the great thing was that a lot of it was indoors. This was for sure a bonus especially since we had two little babes who weren't big fans of the wind.

We were able to go through a desert, a swamp, caves, the jungle, and an aquarium among other things.



Addy has always loved fish so she was a big fan of the aquarium. Her and Morgan had their faces plastered to the glass the entire time. When we were reading the signs about the different penguins we discovered there was one called an Adelie. I'm not sure if you pronounce it the same as Adalee, but we thought it was pretty cool!



Eli even managed to get out of the car seat to take a closer look ;) He was loving it.



The petting zoo was hands down Addy's favorite part. I couldn't believe how much she interacted with the goats! She kept giving them the biggest hugs and chasing them around. She had the biggest grin on her face the entire time. It made the whole trip completely worth it! She even got up close and personal with the behind side of the goats and was grabbing their tails. Yeah . . . she thought it was funny. Meanwhile I was about to die.

We sat and watched the gorillas and monkeys for the longest out of anything we saw that day. They were so entertaining swinging around and getting into fights with each other. This daddy gorilla and baby gorilla were playing right in front of us for quite some time. The girls were going crazy over it. The baby was so cute with his "blankie."



The jungle was another neat building. Everything looked so real. The trees were fake, but you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at them. There were beautiful waterfalls and green plants everywhere. They even made the air humid inside to add to the whole jungle experience.



Ryan and I were pretty good at the whole "Me Tarzan, you Jane thing." :)

There was quite a bit of walking through out the day and a lot of hills, but I had a great view so I couldn't complain ;)



Eli as always was a trooper. He stayed in his car seat for almost the entire day from the time we left our house in the morning until we got to our hotel that night. The hotel was a little interesting seems how we have never all slept in the same room since Eli came along. He sacked out in the pack n' play soon after we got settled, but Miss Addy was a different story. She was up way past her bed time doing heaven knows what. We made her a bed in the bathtub, which looked mighty comfy if I do say so myself, but she was not having it. So instead I got to listen to her talk my ear off and poke and prod at me until she finally fell asleep at the late hour of 10:30 sandwiched between Ryan and I. Might I remind you that she didn't get a nap either.



The guys left bright and early to attend their conference. Nicole and I had planned on trying to find something to do for the 5 hours between checking out of the hotel and the time when they were supposed to finish, but then I had a better plan. We ended up loading up in our van and driving home. We were able to get home by noon and get the kids down for a nap and the guys came home later that evening.

It was great to get out as a family and also to spend time with our friends. We don't get these opportunities very often so we have to take advantage of them when we can!

3 comments:

kyle, kristin and kj April 12, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Now I really want to go to that zoo!

Cassie April 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

how fun, glad you guys got to go! I LOVE the Omaha zoo!!!! I hope we get to go one more time before we move!

Rhonda Montgomery May 1, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

I love the bed in a bathtub!!! Nice try! This looks like a very fun getaway! Glad you had a good time!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP