{Birthday Celebration}

Ryan REALLY likes his birthday so we of course had to make a week long celebration out of it;) We kicked it off Friday night by going out to Red Robin. For Ryan, a birthday is all about the food! What am I saying? Any kind of celebration is all about the food for him. haha! Ryan left the restaurant feeling very satisfied with his free hamburger ;)
October has been the busiest month in Ryan's schooling yet so we decided to do his birthday dinner on Sunday. As requested, we feasted on giant scallops (from Costco of course), shrimp scampi, and angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce.
On Wednesday (his actual birthday) Addy and I spent the day getting ready for his surprise birthday party! He told me all he wanted for his birthday was brownies with lot's and lot's of ice cream. So lot's and lot's of ice cream he got! We invited a few friends and had an ice cream sundae bar.
To get Ryan to the clubhouse Addy and I sent him on a little scavenger hunt which of course, led him to his birthday party. It was fun to watch his face as we walked in and everybody yelled "surprise!" I think I did a pretty good job of keeping it a secret from him!
We rented the clubhouse for the night and set out a plethora of ice cream toppings. This way everyone was able to create their personal favorites. I thought it turned out very fun and the little kiddos loved it. It was fun to see every ones "creations."
Some of the toppings we had were oreos, marshmallows, reeses pieces, whipping cream, bananas, strawberries, gummy bears, m&m's, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, caramel syrup, and of course brownie chunks. Talk about a sugar high!
We are so grateful to live in a place where we have such amazing and supportive friends. They truly are our family out here and I am very appreciative for the time they took to come celebrate Ryan's birthday with us. 
Addy and I are so lucky to have Ryan and were more than happy to spend the week celebrating with him. Since he has been under a lot of stress lately we decided to buy him a gift card for a 1 hour massage. He has always wanted one of these so I gave in. I hope he knows how much I appreciate and love him for all his hard work. Happy Birthday babe!
3 comments:
I love the idea of an ice cream sundae bar! Wish we could have come :)
What a very fun party!!! You are a great wife!!! Your little Addy is so dang cute. I could look at a million pictures of her! I hope you are feeling well. I have not heard, so I guess no baby yet, but I know it will be soon. We are thinking of you!
Love ya, xoxo! Aunt Rhonda
it was so much fun! I love how in the group picture the two babies are looking at each other! Too funny! You did a great job as always and making a fun party! It looked so cute and was a blast!
Post a Comment