Tuesday, July 13, 2010

{Utah}

Prepare yourself . . . it's a long one!

{Event 1-The Hotel}



We started out the vacation by driving to the Omaha, Nebraska airport. Since our plain was set to leave at 7:15 a.m. we decided to go down the night before and stay in a hotel. Thanks to Five Guys Burgers and Fries our tummies were full that night and thanks to Ryan we had a relatively peaceful night sleep :) We knew she would have a hard time going to sleep if she knew we were still awake so my amazingly skilled husband came up with the scenario above :) She was a little unsure of it, but who wouldn't be? I mean, look at it! I would be scared to sleep in that cave too! After a few minutes she calmed right down and we didn't hear a peep from her until morning. She was a champ!

{Event 2-Seven Peaks}


(Hands down my favorite facial expression of Addy's. She get's this one from her daddy!)



Grandma knows how much Addy loves the water so during our visit she took us to Seven Peaks. Not too long after getting there Adalee could be spotted doing what she does best; scooting around on the cement, on her bum, wearing out the bottom of her swimsuit, despite the fact that her mother really hates this! But that just makes it all the more fun for Miss Addy ;) She could also be spotted getting in, and out, and in, and out, and crawling up and down and up and down the stairs. This girl never holds still.

The girls (and Ryan) had a great time catching up with each other and the kids had a blast together. It was so fun to watch them all interacting and playing. They are all at such a fun stage!

{Event 3-There Are No Words}



Never in a million years did I ever think I would see my husband sporting this attire. Like father like son I suppose! Ryan has recently taken on the new hobby of road biking and his dad was his inspiration. I think it's great Ryan has found something he enjoys doing for exercise, but I couldn't help but chuckle every morning as I saw these two pull out of the drive way. I tried to talk them into matching outfits, but they didn't go for it ;)

{Event 4-Danna's Obsession}



I decided this deserved an event all on it's own because I'm pretty sure I lived a good portion of the trip at several different fabric stores. Somehow I managed not to break the bank, but none the less I spent hours staring at bolts of gorgeous fabric just screaming at me to buy them. It. Was. Heaven. Except for the fact that I wanted to buy them all. Iowa just doesn't have the fabric stores that Utah has to offer so I had to enjoy it while I could! The quilt that is pictured above was one I sat and stared at for a long time, but somehow finally convinced myself that I couldn't spend $60.00 to make it.It just made me happy and oohhh it would have looked so cute on Addy's big girl bed! Maybe someday :)

{Event 5-Cousin Love}



Troy and Addy both have quite the strong personalities and together they were somethin else! It didn't take them long to become little buddies. They enjoyed sharing food with each other, drinks, an occasional hug, a few little fights here and there over toys, and following each other around all the time. They were so cute! I wish we lived closer because these two were quite the pair.

{Event 6-Manti Pageant and Camping}



I was so excited when Ryan's parents told us they were taking us on an over night camping trip to see the Manti Pageant! I have never been to the pageant before and we also had never been camping in their new camp trailer. I'm sold on this kind of camping :) The pageant was amazing. I couldn't get over how beautiful the Manti Temple was. It was stunning. It was great to be able to spend one on one time with Ryan's parents. Adalee had so much fun with them!

(Check out that hairdo! I think she inherited my crazy hair . . . and my love for sausage. The girl downed four of them!)


{Event 7-The Love Birds}



Whenever we make a trip to Utah we always make sure to plan a couple of days to hang out with our friends. We miss them all so much! This is a picture of Addy with our friends Annie & Duncan's little boy, Mason. They are betrothed to each other. haha! We thought it was the cutest thing ever when we asked them to give kisses and they just laid it on each other like it was no big deal. I think we are in trouble!

{Event 8-Summer fun}



This was our last day in Utah :( Jen and Josh came were able to come up for the day so Grandma got the pool all set up. Addy and her cousin Mason took turns dumping water on each other, falling in and out of the pool, and jumping on the tramp. That night we all enjoyed a yummy dinner consisting of lot's of ribs and lot's of corn. Mmmm . . . Ryan was in heaven.



Somehow no matter how long of a visit we go for it never seems long enough. We miss all of our family and friends and will be counting down the days until our next visit! Next stop . . . Boise Idaho!

4 comments:

jkroper July 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

hey! that trip was a blast having you guys here! I wish it could have been longer though, it seemed like once we started doing things and the kids got used to each other...it was time for you to go! we can't wait for the next trip though cos we'll both have our little boys and they'll be cute together too! we miss you guys and love you!

mary July 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Oh my gosh, Addy's hair is growing like crazy! What a fun trip. Hope you're doing well, Danna. Miss you and your little girl.

Lori July 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Awesome pictures. I'm glad you blog so much because I truly enjoying reading all about your adventures. It was great seeing you while you were in Utah. Addy is such a doll and you and Ryan looked great too. xoxo

Rhonda Montgomery July 17, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Oh my goodness, this looks like the best trip! You guys look like you had so much fun! I thought for sure you made that quilt that you took a picture of. It is one you could easily reproduce!!! Anyway, you guys look great! I am glad you had such a fun trip! Love ya! xoxo!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP