Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{Eighteen}



Eighteen . . . a small, insignificant, but yet, very powerful number. I fear I am going to turn around and you will be Eighteen. Eighteen. All grown up. Off to college. Off to find the man of your dreams. Off to make mistakes. Off to change your mind a million times because you can. Off to find yourself. Off to make something of yourself. Off . . . and gone.

Eighteen months . . . a small, insignificant, but yet, very powerful stage in her life.



She's off to find adventure. Off dancing on her tippy toes. Off finding trouble. Off trying to jump. Off taking care of her baby. Off playing in the toilet. Off brushing her teeth. Off driving us crazy because we love her so much. Off driving us crazy because she's being so naughty. Off running in circles. Off emptying the dishwasher, sweeping the floor, and scrubbing the walls. Off splashing in the bath tub. Off being stubborn. Off chasing bubbles.



Off talking gibberish on the phone. Off throwing her food on the floor. Off brushing her hair, applying chapstick, and carrying her purse around. Off to make mistakes. Off to find herself. Off to make something of herself.



Off . . . but never for long because she needs me. I need her. I need that cheesy, scrunchy nosed smile. I need her sweet kisses and laughter filling the house. And someday, when she is all grown up, it's these moments (good or bad) I'm going to remember and long for. So baby girl, off you go! Off to find adventure. Off to be carefree. Off to be the beautiful, vibrant girl you are. Mama loves you no matter where you are off to :)

3 comments:

Cassie July 25, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

these pics are adorable!! you are definitely talented!

Blakelee and Michael Ellis July 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I hope I can be like you when I'm a mama. You love her so much and it shows! She is adorable. Congratulations.

Anonymous,  July 29, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

that was a great post and she is seriously darling!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP