{When Grandma Comes to Town}
Ryan's mom was able to come visit us for a week at the end of May and let's just say . . . it was a much needed visit! We've missed her! We had such a great time showing her around Des Moines and Addy loved having her grandma here. She was very spoiled...I think we all were :)
First stop, Pella. 
Remember the cute little dutch town I blogged about a few months ago? Well, it has made it to the top of the list for sights to take visitors to. We were so excited to look in all the shops and were especially excited to spend some quality time in the bakery :) Unfortunately we decided to go on Memorial Day and it didn't take us long to realize that all of the shops were closed! We were so sad! We still tried to make the best of it though and had fun walking around the deserted town and having a picnic in the park.
Next stop, Union Park. 
I also blogged about this cute park a while back. Remember the one with the carousel? I for sure thought Addy would love it this time, but she was still a little unsure. I think the loud and slightly creepy carousel music leaves her feeling a little uneasy. We had her ride a couple times and then decided to go play on the other toys.
Last stop, Blank Park Zoo.
Addy loves, loves, loves the zoo this year and had such a great time going with Grandma. (And just in case you were wondering, yes, my daughter is licking the star fish. YUCK! For how much of a clean freak she is she somehow manages to surprise me every now and then.)
They fed the llamas together which is hands down, Adalee's favorite animal at the zoo. 
Strange, I know. I was a bit surprised myself, but she loves feeding those big slobbery creatures. She has no fear when it comes to looking one of them straight in the eye. She will gladly stick her hand right in their mouth. Kinda gross, I know. But what can I do? She's a llama lover :)
We of course did a million other little things with Grandma, but for the most part, we just enjoyed having her all to ourselves. We spent lot's of time relaxing and playing in the comfort of our own home. Adalee loved having a new buddy to play with and felt a little lonely after Grandma went home. We just hope Grandma enjoyed herself too so she will come back soon!
2 comments:
Looks like such a fun trip. We love having visitors! Addy is such a doll.
Lovin that she's a llama lover. Looks like a fun time! She is SO dang cute! (the whole licking the starfish thing makes me cringe a little though...ew.) Hope you're feeling great!
Post a Comment