Tuesday, June 8, 2010

{Baby #2}



Yup, that's right, we have another baby on the way! And there's another surprise too . . . it's a BOY! His official due date is October 30th.

Aye yie-yie! I am so happy to have the news out! I could hardly hold it in anymore...literally.



I think I have been in hiding for the past month. I thought it would be easier to keep it a secret the second time around, but I actually found it to be a lot harder. Maybe it's because I know the excitement and joy a baby brings into your life. Ryan and I knew this would probably be our only opportunity to keep it a secret for this long so we decided to do it. It was hard, but so fun to be able to announce two big surprises at once.

Time seems to be flying by with this pregnancy which has been so nice. I started feeling movement much earlier than I did with Addy. By 15 weeks I could feel his kicks with my hand. He must be a strong boy! On June 2nd the long awaited ultra sound finally came. Ryan's mom was in town and we were so excited to bring her a long for the fun. I didn't have to drink near as much water this time around so I was much more comfortable. I was very excited/nervous this time around. I thought my heart would pound out of my chest! I have thought that this baby was going to be a boy all a long so it was no surprise when the ultra sound tech confirmed that HE was indeed a BOY! Unlike his big sister, he was not shy about showing off for us. Having a boy is going to be a whole different ball game and will definitely take come adjusting, but we are very excited! Ryan is especially excited to have someone to carry on the family name :) The ultra sound was so fun to watch. He is perfect in every way and we are so happy he is looking healthy so far.



After the ultra sound we needed to celebrate and you know what that meant...SHOPPING! I had a bit of a news flash while shopping for some outfits. What?!?! Where are all the ruffles, flowers, and color choices galore? I quickly realized my mind was going to have to adjust to blue and brown, animals, trucks, and everything boy. But none the less, we are excited and can't wait for him to join our family! We love him so much already. Addy is becoming quite skilled in the "mommy" category and is going to make a great big sister.

For those of you who don't know my Dad, or don't remember from when we were pregnant with Addy, he has obscure nicknames for all of his grandchildren. My dad has decided to nickname this little one "Dwiggin." Ryan called dibs on this nick name for a boy when we were pregnant with Addy so he was pretty excited about it. Now we have little Hildy and little Dwiggin . . . love it :)

14 comments:

The Andrews Family June 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

That's so exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Addy will love being a big sister, and you'll love having a sweet boy!!!

Nicole June 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

Those polka dot onesies are adorable! You've gotten some cute stuff so far.

shelbell June 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

So excited for you two! Congratulations!
P.S. Read your next post too...about 'Trouble' and Beck also LOVES to wash his hands. If he's missing, I can find him standing on a stool in the bathroom, trying his hardest to reach the sink and pump the soap out.

Shannon June 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

I am so excited for you to have a little boy. I love my little boy and trust me there are tons of cute boy clothes out there!!!

The Knapp Fam June 8, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

That is so exciting Danna! Addy is ridiculously adorable and there's no doubt that your little boy is going to be incredibly handsome! Congratulations again!

mary June 8, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Danna, I have been WAITING for this post! A boy, a boy, a boy! Oh my gosh, you are in for such a treat. Congratulations!!!

Yates Family June 9, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Wow!! I am so impressed you were able to keep it a secret that long!! I have never been able to keep my mouth shut from the get go! I am so happy for you Dana! We are having boy too in September! When are you due then?

kyle, kristin and kj June 9, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Yay!! You already know we are so excited for you and for kj to have a friend. Cant wait to see you guys and you cute belly.

Miquelyn Hollingsworth June 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Congratulations! That's so exciting!!

Jobi Niu June 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

Hey! It's me, Ryan's friend from HS. I just love looking at your blog. YOu're so cute and so creative! You're TINY!!! YOu look GREAT! How exciting that you're pregnant with Baby #2 and a boy. COngratulations :]

Anonymous,  June 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!

The Wright's June 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Congrats Danna!! I am so excited for you....and yes boys are much, much different than girls, but they are their own kind of fun!!

Lori June 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Congratulations Pettit Family. Wow, you guys sure kept that a secret. Us Wright sisters, usually know everything. We are very excited for you. Usually with your second child you show quicker, but you're just as tiny as ever. Congrats!

Rhonda Montgomery June 17, 2010 at 7:59 AM  

Yeh, we Wright sisters are really feeling out of the loop! I don't think we will let Ginny go on another mission cuz we don't like to be without the Wright family buzz! Hey were you sick this time? You were so busy helping everyone else, I don't know how you managed it all! Well you look as cute as ever and congrats on the boy front!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP