Monday, May 17, 2010

{Two-Two}



That's right folks, I turned the big 22 and I couldn't feel any better! In fact, I felt so good I decided to sport a real "tu tu" in honor of it :)

I had an amazing birthday spent with my amazing family, amazing friends, and filled with amazing surprises.

Surprise #1:



I opened the fridge to find a delicious smoothie made by my hubby with a cute little note. One for Addy, and one for me. Unfortunately Addy didn't follow her dad's instructions very well and decided to spend my birthday being pretty miserable. She had four molars coming in at the same time and a cold and boy was she cranky! She was so cranky I ended up spending a portion of my birthday at the doctor's office making sure she didn't have an ear infection. Which leads me to . . .

Surprise #2:



While I was out my sweet friend Jamie and her little girl Addie were hard at work. I came home to find my door completely covered in colorful polka dots that each read Happy Birthday! She knows I am a sucker for polka dots. Moments later I entered through the door to find . . .

Surprise #3:



Jamie didn't stop at the door. She proceeded into my living room where she hung the cutest birthday banner I have ever seen in my life! I could hardly believe my eyes. She sewed it just for me! It is scary how well this girl knows my taste. Every fabric was carefully picked out, coordinated, and strung perfectly to my liking. It's a tradition in her family to hang a birthday banner on the day of a family members birthday. I thought this was a fun and simple tradition and I am so excited to start it with my family.

Surprise #4: Ryan found a baby sitter for the night and took me out to PF Changs. It was such a treat to go on a date with my two favorite things, Ryan, and Pf Changs. Life doesn't get much better. I was a little worried about leaving Addy because I thought she was going to be horrible for our friends, but to my surprise, we walked through the door to hear her laughing hysterically. Thanks Jared and Lindsey for making her so happy!

Surprise #5:



Jamie really went above and beyond the duty of a friend. A couple days before my birthday I was telling to her that for the first time in my life I was going to have to make my own dessert! Heaven forbid! Until this year I have always spent my birthday with my family and my mom has always spoiled me with my favorite dessert, chocolate eclairs. As if all of her other surprises weren't enough Jamie decided she needed to do one more. She took it upon herself to make my birthday dessert. Wow, I was quite the spoiled little princess. It tasted like heaven. It isn't very often that someone is blessed to have a friend like Jamie and I am so grateful to have her a part of my life. She truly is amazing and I love her to pieces.

It's hard adjusting to being away from family on days like these, but I am so thankful for a wonderful husband and wonderful friends who went out of their way to make my day. By the end of the night I was feeling pretty special :) So here's to the big Two-Two! I'm glad I'm still young enough to pull off wearing a tu-tu :)

8 comments:

whit May 17, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Happy Happy Birthday. You are too cute!

Unknown May 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

I am so glad you had so many wonderful surprises for your birthday!! Miss you guys!!

mary May 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

Danna, the tutu idea came out darling! What a cute little princess you make. And Jamie's banner is definitely awesome! I am glad your day was great.

Rhonda Montgomery May 19, 2010 at 11:50 PM  

Well happy 'tu-tu' to you! You are still so very young!!! It looks like it was a very fun day! I love the birthday banner! You have some great friends! Love ya!

Lori May 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Happy belated birthday and Happy Anniversary. Shannon's due date was on your birthday but Mr. Miles decided to wait til May 10 to arrive. Looks like you had a great 22nd birthday. When you don't live close to family, your friends become family. That's awesome that you have such great friends. You have a great little family Danna. Love you!

Lori May 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Happy belated birthday and Happy Anniversary. Shannon's due date was on your birthday but Mr. Miles decided to wait til May 10 to arrive. Looks like you had a great 22nd birthday. When you don't live close to family, your friends become family. That's awesome that you have such great friends. You have a great little family Danna. Love you!

Meghan May 24, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

This is so cute Danna! You're so creative!

Cassie May 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Happy late bday!!! That was so nice of Jamie! I hope you had a great day! I love the bday pics!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP