Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Mall of America



A few weeks ago my friend Jamie was telling me she felt like going on a trip so I threw out the idea of us going to the Mall of America together. We ended up leaving it at that, but last week we really decided to do it! We got a hotel, packed up our kiddos, and we went! Neither of us had ever been before so we were very excited. We tried not to have too high of expectations since we figured our kids would have a bit of a rough time. Sitting in the car for 3 1/2 hours, no naps, and shopping all day doesn't make for happy children.

On our drive there we passed some outlets and decided to let the shopping begin! After arriving in Minneapolis we made our frist stop, IKEA!! I have really missed this store and I was so excited when I found out there was one in the same parking lot as the Mall of America. We spent a few hours wandering around there and then we went out to dinner at The Rain Forest Cafe.

Both of the Addy's in the shopping cart at Ikea. Turns out Adalee is terrified of elevators. Or atleast the ones at Ikea...


The gang at Rain Forest Cafe: Jamie, Trey, Addie, Adalee, and Danna


After a long day we decided to turn in for the night. This is where it got interesting. Two adults, 3 kids, one hotel room...yeah, it was as bad as it sounds. We thought for sure our battle would be getting them to sleep, but turns out our battle was keeping them asleep. We both spent a good portion of the night rocking our babies trying to keep them from crying and waking up everyone else. I even got to spend a lovely hour at 2 in the morning walking the halls of the hotel with a wide awake baby...ugh! We decided not to take pictures of us at the hotel because neither of us cared to remember that part of the trip :)

We woke up a bit on the groggy side, but after a good continental breakfast we were ready to tackle the Mall of America! It was pretty much the most amazing mall I have ever seen in my life! It had every store you could possibly think of (including a dollar tree...random), lego land, an underground aquarium, and an amusement park in the middle of it.

Lego Land. Everything was completely made out of legos!


The amusement park. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was really big for being in the middle of a mall.



We did experience a few melt downs from the kiddlets and at times we had some ourselves, but we really did have a great time. I can't wait to do another spontaneous adventure :)

2 comments:

whit,  November 23, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

That looks like sooo much fun! minus the kids at the hotel :)I've always wanted to go to Mall of America!

We are going to be in Kirksville, Missouri this weekend for Thanksgiving! Brad has a good friend going to Med School there so we thought we would visit. Saturday we are going to Nauvoo for a temple session and to see some sites - I've never been there so i'm super excited!

Do you live close to there? I know you are in Des Miones - I need to google map it :) It would be fun to see you if you are close

♥Shelley,  November 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

Wish I could have come. It looks awesome and you would have had more fun with me anyway ; )

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP