Let the Holidays Begin!

I love this time of year! For me it's all about family togetherness, traditions, gratitude, giving, and love. Ryan and I started out our Thanksgiving with the tradition of going to a movie. Wednesday night we ate out at Cheese Cake Factory and then hit the movie theater to see New Moon (I wanted a picture and the only poster they had was of Eclipes, but it's close enough right?). Loved the movie!



This Thanksgiving was unlike any one we have ever experienced. We were without our families, but we decided to make the best of it and go all out anyway! Ryan and I had a great time in the kitchen together making our first Thanksgiving Day dinner. There were a few mishaps. For instance, our cheese BALL turned into more of a cheese MOUND. I guess we softened the cream cheese a little too much. It tasted all the same anyway :) And then there was the turkey...oh the blessed turkey mishap. I was holding our oven bag to place the turkey in and Ryan was gently placing it at the bottom of the bag. Adalee was happily playing on the floor at our feet. All was well. Or so we thought :) Ryan gently let go of the turkey and then PLOP!! It ripped a whole in the bag and fell right on the floor, grazing little Adalee on the way down. She was not very happy about this incident and was sure to let us know, but we couldn't help but laugh. Good thing the box we bought came with two oven bags! Our last mishap was not letting our banana cream pie set up for long enough, but other then that our dinner turned out fabulous! But wow, it was lot's of hard work. Good thing we have many more Thanksgivings to come so we can practice.
Now we are planning our Black Friday extravaganza as we speak! Yay for shopping and holidays! Happy Thanksgiving, we love you all!
8 comments:
I'm confused. How did you see Eclipse if it doesn't come out until June 2010?
Your Thanksgiving dinner looks fabulous. We were going to have our own Thanksgiving dinner but at the last minute were invited to someones house. I was grateful. I am still a little nervous to attempt a turkey. All your food looked really good.
Have fun and be safe shopping tomorrow!
Your dinner looks yummy and I can see your rolls turned out great. Glad you can laugh at things when disaster occurs. I'm not very good at that. Way to go Pettit family. Happy holidays.
Yay didn't you love New Moon?!? I thought it was the best! Happy Thanksgiving..we missed you guys around here.. :( I'm excited to see you when you come around christmas time!!! Love you!
oh..by the way..get anything good on black friday?
Ryan don't look to excited for the movie! We just may be celebrating KJ's 1st Thanksgiving with you guys next year, if so we can't wait! And can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks. Good luck on all your tests Ryan
Sounds like fun! Good job on attacking a full turkey dinner with just the two of you. I'm not sure when I'll be experiencing that one, but definitely looking forward to all of the excitement and craziness. Haha.
Your thanksgiving dinner looks so yummy. . .I think I am hungry this morning. Sometimes when you are the cook, you don't appreciate it as much. Anyway, great job!!! Hope you guys have a nice holiday season! Love, Aunt Rhonda
Just catching up on your blog! Loved your Thanksgiving post, and the turkey story. Ahhhh! Corey thinks your food pics are fab! So did you get all the deals you wanted on Black Friday?? Can't wait to meet that cute Addy at Christmas time!
Post a Comment