Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chicken Parm Subs


3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or "EVOO" as Rachael Ray calls it)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
1 packed cup dry sun-dried tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chicken base
1 15oz. can chopped tomatoes
1 cup basil (or if you are cheap like me just sprinkle some basil from your spices)
Salt and Pepper
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
4 to 6 sub rolls (depending on how much you pack in them)
8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese

Preparation
Preheat broiler.

Place a medium-size skillet over medium heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the garlic to the pan and cook gently until aromatic and light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken base, some salt and pepper to the pan (the stock should cover the tomatoes) and simmer until the tomatoes have plumped up and softened, about 15-20 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes to the pan then transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree. Add chopped basil, season with salt and ground black pepper and reserve warm back in the skillet.

Return the sauce to the skillet and add in the rotisserie chicken. Simmer until the chicken has heated through, 2-3 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Divide the mixture between the sub rolls and top with a slice or two of mozzarella. Pop the sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown.

**It just so happens that Rachael Ray is on at 10:00 a.m. which is right when I feed Adalee. How convenient! It has become part of my daily routine :) Since I am on the hunt for a few new recipes I decided to give one of hers a try. They turned out pretty good! Ryan gave them an 8 out of 10. He thinks he is some kind of food critic :)The best part of the meal was that it lasted us 3 nights! The first night we just had rotisserie chicken. The 2nd and 3rd night we used the leftover rotisserie chicken for the subs. What a deal!



What would a post be with out a little sneak peak at my beautiful princess?! She is growing WAY too fast! For some reason all the pictures I take of her she is asleep in! I guess I just love watching her sleep. So peaceful...


I had to model my mod mum baby sling. I just love this thing! I pack her in there and I'm on my way!

2 comments:

Blake and Katie Summers March 12, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

I love those slings! And I totally saw those subs on Rachel ray the other day,they look totally yummo!

Cherika March 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

You daughter is SO beautiful!! Congratualtions!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP