Monday, March 16, 2015

{My Saving Grace}

I told my parents next time Ryan had to work the night shift that they should come stay with me. Sooo . . . they did! And it was wonderful! Having extra hands on deck and company on what would have been a month of very lonely evenings? I think yes!  I didn't take a ton of pictures, bad I know, but sometimes I just like to live in the moment. And there were lot's of moments to be enjoyed!


We took a little tour of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts one morning. Eli was a pill. Easton was chill :-)



After Krispy Kreme we had some time to kill before Eli went to preschool so we decided to go to Lone Elk Park to see some animals!  Grandma was a little nervous to roll her window down ;-)



Hooray! We found another birthday cake! I think we only have 238 more to go. Ha! Next to Lone Elk Park there is The World Bird Sanctuary. We attempted to go look at the birds because my Dad really likes birds, but some of it was outside and it was fffffrrrreeeeeezing! I told my Dad I would bring him back when it warmed back up, but we never made it. So I guess you're going to have to come for another visit Mom and Dad!


We may not have made it to the World Bird Sanctuary, but we got our eating on at The Rooster! It was a first time for all of us at this breakfast joint and it did not disappoint. There specialty is crepes, but check out Miss Addy's stack of pancakes! Mmmmm. Service was suuuper slow, but the food was yummy!



Grandma and Grandpa had never been to the arch so we thought it would be fun for them to experience. Somehow the only picture I walked away with was this one . . .


 but I promise we were all there! Unfortunately the whole area was under constructions which made for an interesting trip. There was a lot of walking, disappointed littles who were excited to go to the museum at the bottom of the arch (it was closed), and a whole lot of whining from the littles. But we got Grandma and Grandpa up in the arch so that's all that matters!

Ice cream makes everything better :-) We lucked out and it was their opening day! First of many trips to Fritz's this season I'm sure. And not our last trip for ice cream during their stay either. hehe!


The first week Gma and Gpa were with us it was miserably cold so we mostly stayed in doors. There was a lot of book reading, game playing, crocodile tickling, grouchectomy's, pitty-a-pats up on your back, and lot's of snuggles! Alright let's be honest. There were a whole lot more grouchectomy's that needed to be performed than there were snuggles. Eli was struggling in the grouch department! Good thing he makes up for it in snuggles, cuteness, and the ability to make us all laugh.



Number on priority on Addy's list was that Gma and Gpa came to eat lunch with her at school. She asked everyday if today was the day so we finally surprised her! Apparently all of her friend were excited too because they all flocked to the table we were at until there weren't even seats for us to sit at anymore. It was pretty cute.


When they arrived there was snow, but by the second week we were enjoying 70 degree weather! We pulled Addy out of school one day and went to the zoo. Let me tell you, we were not the only ones that thought it was good day to go to the zoo. I'm glad we got there first thing because by the time we left the line of cars to get in to the zoo was backed up past the free way. It took us 25 minutes just to get out of there!


The kids were excited to be back at the zoo and were really excited that we got there in time to ride the carousel for free!


The penguins are back!! The penguin house is one of our favorite spots at the zoo, especially on 90 degree days because it's freezing cold in there. It was closed all last year, but it opened back up the day we were there! The penguins seemed pretty happy about that because they were splashing all over the place. They even managed to splash Addy!


This was the only group photo we got. Pretty terrible right? Helloooo sun! This was towards the end of our zoo trip and the kiddos were done. The whining set in about an hour before this. Let's just say they would not have made good pioneers.


We also took a trip to the transportation museum to see the trains, cars, and boats. My dad likes museums so I really wanted to take him. We have been here two other times and the train ride has always been closed, but we finally got to ride it this time and Eli was super excited about it.


I was excited to come back because they have the cutest colorful train and I have been dying to take photos of one of my boys in front of it. Eli didn't want his picture taken so Easton it was! It was perfect timing for his 11 month old photos, more to come later on that :-)



Grandma would probably agree that there was TOO much playing of the game TWO Little Monkey's. But that's why Grandma is the best! If it makes you happy she's all over it!


 There were many shopping trips, restaurants enjoyed, good conversations, too many sweets, and a whole lot of Hart of Dixie episodes that weren't documented by picture, but were very much enjoyed! Well, my mom and I enjoyed Hart of Dixie, my Dad on the other hand will be sooo happy to not have to watch that show anymore. Ha! He's a good sport. Not only that, but he painted a bathroom and my bedroom for me! Best. Dad. Ever. Thanks Daddy-o!


As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end . . ." But I wish they didn't have to :-(

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP