Tuesday, January 6, 2015

{Today}

It's a new year and I have to come clean about something. Now for those of you who actually read my blog this will not be news to you, you will know exactly what I am talking about. I more have to come clean to my kids and anyone else who someday, in the future, will look back and read (hopefully in book form, hope being the key word there) all about our little family.







You must know something. It can be our little secret. Ready? I Danna Pettit, do not have it all together! There I said it. I'm actually drowning over here. Gasping for air. Sinking to the bottom of the ocean kind of drowning! I back date all of my posts to make it appear like I am on top of things, but rest assured, I am not. In fact when you read this it will be dated January 5th or some absurd date like that, but folks, I am here to tell you that it's Febuary 13th over here. I have not touched this blog in nearly two months. And that's how I roll these days. Get it done when you can, however you can, whenever you can. Because we're treading water over here people and time is precious.







Time has tripled in speed since adding the third child into our family and I simply can not keep up, nor do I want to miss out on everything because I am trying to capture it all. Make sense? They're only little for such a short time and I don't want to miss it! I want to soak it all in. Snuggle them extra. Play more. LISTEN to them. Smile at those little smudgy hand prints and big slobbery kiss marks all over my windows and mirrors. Not rush to put them in bed. Watch them while they sleep. Ditch my phone for a few hours. Cuddle up on the couch with my hubby more.




 I don't want to look back on these years and think, I really missed out. I want to be with them, really be with them, TODAY. So the cleaning can wait until tomorrow. The endless to do lists can wait until tomorrow. The blog can wait until tomorrow, or the next day, or the next month, or until whenever. Because this year I am focusing on the TODAY'S of our life. It's a NEW year. A NEW day. 365 blank pages waiting to be written on. 365 TODAY'S to be lived, loved, and and filled with little moments with this cute family of mine.

   

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP