Monday, August 4, 2014

{Vacation {Inside of a Vacation} Part 2}

Something VERY BIG happened in the Dredge family during our vacation and we were all suuuuper excited about it. The last one of my siblings to get married officially tied the knot! A big celebration was definitely in order and we celebrated it Arizon style baby! And boy oh boy was it smokin' hot! And I'm not just referring to his beautiful bride ;-)





All of us siblings ditched our kids with sitters for a few days and flew off to the lovely Arizona to play and celebrate Joe and Haya's big day. Four of the six of us have babies under the age of one so they tagged a long to meet each other :-)



We all joked about this being Joe and Haya's future . . . wink, wink! She is a twin after all :-)


It was so neat to have all of my siblings with their spouses and my parents all together in the Gilbert Arizona temple. It is such a beautiful temple. What a special moment for my parents especially. I'd say you deserve a big pat on the back  Mom & Dad!






It felt a little strange to be together with everyone with out our kids, but we had a great time eating out (peacefully), playing cards (peacefully), chatting it up (peacefully), shopping (peacefully), and hanging out in the hotel (peacefully). Oh, and did I mention we did this all peacefully?! I remember how nice it was to have a break when we had only one child. Now having only one child is a break!


I love, love, love how this picture of my mom and sisters turned out. It just might be my favorite photo of the entire wedding . . .


Riiiight after these ones . . . boys will be boys!


Oh and this one . . .


I asked my dad to stand there and be my subject so I could set the lighting and coloring on my camera. While he was pulling funny faces at me,  my brothers decided to photo bomb him. Like I said, boys will be boys!

We are all so happy for Joe and Haya and I for one was super happy to finally meet this gorgeous girl. She is so sweet and comes from a really good family. It was fun getting to know all of them over the weekend. Her family was so sweet and took great care of us all!

On the wedding day I noticed my Aunt Rhonda wearing this pearl necklace with a set of wedding rings around them. When I found out they were my Grammy and Papa's wedding rings I knew I needed a picture. Grammy passed away several years ago, but with these rings a piece of her is able to be present at each of her grandchildren's weddings. I know there were a few angels present in the sealing room that day and what a special moment it was for us all. I'm so grateful for the temple and the covenants and ordinances made there that make us a forever family.


Congratulations again Joe and Haya! We can't wait to watch your happily ever ever begin.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP