Thursday, August 14, 2014

{And Then There Was One}


As if sending Adalee off to Kindergarten wasn't enough for my mama heart, this sweet boy decided to leave me too! And on the very same day might I add! It wasn't quite as hard to send him since it's only for a few hours three days a week and because he was soooo excited.


All the days of dropping his sister off at preschool last year made his transition a piece of cake. He knew the drill and he was all about it. I can't wait to see how he interacts with others in a classroom setting. Looking at these pictures I'm pretty sure he's going to be the class clown. But at the same time I think he's going to win over the hearts of all with his sweet and loving side. Besides, who can resist a handsome blondie? Not I! ;-)



He didn't want me to take any pictures of him at school, but I snuck one in when he wasn't looking. He's my "be normal" boy. He doesn't want to do or wear anything that will make others comment on it. I can't get him to wear a hat because he doesn't (his own words) want everyone to look at him. If I tell him he looks cool or handsome he gets mad at me and says, "No Mom, I just want to be normal!" If I get overly excited about a good choice he's made it will cause him to do a 180 and instead make the wrong choice. He's a tricky one that Eli.


Wherever we go Eli makes sure to show off his baby brother Easton to everyone. He always makes a big announcement to them all, "My baby brother came out! Come look at him!" As if this happened just yesterday ;-) He's a good big brother to Mr. Easton.


After dropping Eli off something weird happened. The realization that I only had one child hit me! Easton and I headed out for a little therapeutic grocery shopping. I couldn't believe I was actually enjoying grocery shopping! There was no chasing kids around, no meltdowns, and no "no you can't have that's." There was just this little cutie staring up at me grinning from ear to ear. It was UhhhhMAZing! I guess there is one plus to school ;-)


When I went to pick Eli up from preschool he ran out and gave me one of his big hugs and said, "You came back! I missed you Mom!" He always knows how to make me feel loved and I was happy to have him back in my arms. Day one of preschool = success!

1 comments:

Cassie September 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM  

Eli and his baby blues! His eyes are gorgeous! Can't believe our kids are old enough for preschool!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP