Monday, June 16, 2014

{The Happenings}

You're going to want to take a seat for this one. Remember how I said I've been completely lazy and snuggling Easton every chance I get? Well . . . I have fallen behind. WAY behind. And this blog is hanging over my head, stressing me out. I miss having time to blog the everyday things and if I don't get caught up right now it's never going to happen. This blog. I'm addicted to it. I love to go back and read it over and over again. But it also gives me sever anxiety because I don't want to miss a thing.

I've had a nice break, but it's time to snap out of it! So brace yourself because this is going to be one RANDOM post about "this happened."

This happened! Anyone who is a devoted Costco lover will recognize the smiley faced receipt. Every time you leave the store they check your receipt and if you have a child with you they draw them a smiley face. This was Easton's first smiley faced receipt! A smiley face for each of them. We love our trips to Costco!

 

This is what Easton had to say about that!

 
This also happened. These two took a 9 week gymnastics class and this was the day of their "performance." Enter music. "Cuz I am a champion and you're gonna hear me ROAR! Ohha Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Ooooohha." If you have no clue what song I am referring to just google "you're gonna hear me roar." The theme for the performance was tumble in the jungle and these animals rocked it! I couldn't have been more proud of them.










This definitely made it in to my top five most AWESOME moments as a parent. I would pay money to see Addy hop up on that stand and give that pose again. She was dead serious. And I was laughing hysterically.

One of the things they taught the kids was to pose with their arms up in the air and say "Ta da!" It was the cutest thing ever to hear Eli say it.


Here's a picture of their #1 fan at the performance. I tell you what, I deserved the super mom award for that day. I juggled a fussy baby while holding the video camera in one hand and my picture taking camera in the other. I'm pretty sure I looked like a crazy. 

After their performance they were given their very first medal! It was exciting, but I'm sure this is going to be the first of a million and they are going to want to keep them all and I'm going to start to go crazy. But it's fun for now! I thought it was hillarious when Addy asked me I would take a picture of her biting her medal. Future Olympian right there.


This happened. Okay, A LOT of this happened.





Every night we read the kiddos a book in bed and this was the first time Easton joined in. I don't think we are all going to fit in that twin size bed for long! 


The week where Danna get's completely spoiled and Ryan is ready to kill over by the end of it happened.


26th Birthday for ME. 7 years of marriage for US. And Happy Mother's Day to ME. All in a weeks time. And somehow I managed to be in our celebratory anniversary picture at The Melting Pot BY. MY. SELF. Alright, Easton was photo bombing it a little, but seriously? How did we forget to take a picture of the two of us :(

I have loved this man for 2, 671 days and they have been the best days of my life! I'm so happy to be married to my best friend. He makes me laugh on a daily basis, always supports me, is the best father to our children, and is definitely my better half! Seven years, 3 states, 5 homes, 3 kids, 1 minivan, and a lot of fun later . . . I am more in love than ever! Happy Anniversary to us!

And a very Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women in my life. I wouldn't be the mom I am today with out each of you.  A decent picture of me with these three cuties is all I wanted for Mother's Day. Mission accomplished.



I was invited to "tea" for Mother's day at preschool with this pretty lady. She sang lot's of songs to me and she showered me with several gifts made by her. What a sweetie! 


Easton's very first smile happened and I was fast enough to catch it on camera! Talk about make a mom's day! It was the cutest thing ever. Of course I was slightly upset that he smiled for his Daddy and not me because I had been trying for days to get a smile out of him. I know, I know. Daddy is a lot funnier looking than Mommy right ;)



Easton's first day at church happened.


The boys first "matching" outfits happened. I have been waiting years to be able to do this!


Lot's of snuggly mornings between these two happened. Nothing melts my heart more than waking up to this.






Addy's last year of preschool happened. She made lot's of new friends and grew and learned a lot in that year. I'm going to be so sad to send her off to Kindergarten next year :(


THIS HAPPENED!!!! I was probably more excited about this happened than the kids were. I have so many great childhood memories of jumping on the tramp and I can only hope we will be able to make these cuties some amazing memories too. We have all been having fun with it. I re lived playing the childhood games of bum wars, dead man dead man come alive, crack the egg, and tricks. I even got up the courage to show them that their mom could do a back flip! I now know why my mom never wanted to jump on the tramp with us kids. I had a headache for the rest of the day.


Spring/Summer time happened and the littles have been soaking up the sun with their neighborhood friends. This is Adalee's friend Julia who she adore's and loves to play with. She has split time between her Mom and Dad's house so we  miss her when she is away. But when she's here we play, play, play!



 Julia's Dad Greg is so good to get out and play with kids and is always sure to include mine in whatever they are doing. I sometimes refer to him as the neighborhood babysitter because all the kids flock to him. I am so grateful to have such good neighbors and fun ones because let's face it, I'm not near as fun as they are.  


Our kids very first race happened. Flip flops and all! Our ward had a Memorial Day breakfast and fun run which we were not planning on participating in, but when we showed up and the kids all saw their friends running in the race they of course wanted to. 



 Ryan being the good dad he is ran it with them even though he was in flip flops and Eli made him carry him half the way too. Once Eli got down he took off and by the time he crossed the finish line he wanted to do it again. Of course. Addy was actually a really good little runner and made it the whole way in her sandals with out stopping. 

 



I was that awesome mom who missed her kids crossing the finish line and made them go back and do it again so I could take a picture . . . oops.


Easton was cheering them on the whole way!


There has been a lot of this happening lately. Fighting. I really do not like it when they fight with each other. It drives me crazy! This particular Sunday was a doozy and I was so tired of it that I sent them to the stairs and told them they had to sit there and hold hands until they were ready to be nice to each other.

 

First they stubbornly refused.



Then they grudgingly gave in when they realized I was serious. After Eli got in a good yell at Addy first of course.


And then we went full circle right back to fighting again. This whole parenting thing is a cake walk said no one EVER. If you have any tips for me I'm WIDE open to suggestions ;)


Good thing this happens a lot and makes me feel all better. There's nothing better than those baby smiles!


Adalee gets so excited when Easton smiles at her. I now know how ridiculous I sound when I'm trying to get him to smile because Addy is like my little echo. "Hi Easton! Hi! Hello cute baby! Hello!" The things we do. She sure does love him!


Fun for all happened! Love a toy that entertains them all!




Lot's of super hero filled day's happened. I love this boy. He takes his job VERY serious.


A very sad day happened.

R.I.P.


She's been good to us over the past 17 years of her life. First my dad's car, then she was the teenagers get around car, then she became my car when I went off to college, and then she became our car when we got married and Ryan has been driving her ever since! Except for our first year of marriage when he was cool and drove a truck. Oh, and the second year of marriage when he was even cooler and drove a scooter ;)  There's a lot of good memories in this car. We brought 2 out of our 3 children home from the hospital in it and I'm not going to lie I teared up when we watched someone else drive her away for 500 bucks :( We sent her off with the traditional Dredge good bye wave. Two hands in the air, one foot in the air, and wave. Except for there was no honk when she rounded the corner and disappeared out of sight :(

Since that happened this of course happened.


Car shopping! Neither Ryan or I have ever bought a car off a car lott so I would be lying if I said we weren't a little bit excited.  However, we were so not prepared. I'm sure they were all thinking we were crazy when we walked in with our three kids and a double stroller. We left at 10:45 a.m. and I don't know what I was thinking because I didn't even pack the kids a  lunch. I also didn't bring my nursing cover because I figured we would be back before I had to feed Easton. WRONG. I also somehow managed to only pack one diaper and a few wipes and Easton decided to have a double sided blow out all over in his car seat. And then he later decided to poop again. Thank goodness the car place had a little play area for kids with a t.v.

Five hours later we drove this beauty off the lott. What's funny is it's another silver Nissan Sentra. We had no intention of buying the same car again, but fell in love with this one. Ryan thinks he's pretty hot stuff now driving around with the sun roof open. Who am I kidding? I thought I was pretty hot stuff when I got to be the one to drive it home. Welcome to the family!


Buying a car happened to fall on Father's Day weekend. Talk about HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to this guy! He deserves it. We couldn't ask for a more fun and loving Daddy to share our days with and are so grateful for all he does for our family. We are also incredibly thankful for our own father's and all they taught us and for putting up with us all those years. I think we both turned out pretty alright and I know we have our father's to thank for a big part of that.


And now presenting the many faces of Eli :) Such a goober.


Well, I think that about covers it all. This quickly became the largest blog post I have ever shared with you all. I feel much better :) Until next time . . .

1 comments:

Shannon June 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM  

And I loved every minute of reading this long post. Darling pictures!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP