{Miss Maiya}
The month of June Ryan had to work the night shift . . . blaw. It is definitely our least favorite time and it makes for a really LONG month. Soooo . . . I talked my sister into sending my niece Maiya out to help me and keep me company for a week and we had so much fun together!
The day she arrived the kids and I made a big WELCOME MAIYA sign to hang up on the garage. The kiddos were so excited for Miss Maiya to come and play with them. They adore her. After 45 minutes of driving around the airport we finally found our Miss Maiya. Let's just say I now know that airport forwards and backwards after that experience. I was freaking out a little bit when I couldn't find her, but we worked it all out and I'm so proud of her for flying all by herself even though she was a little nervous!
Ryan doesn't have to work the weekend when he is on night shift so we made the most of our time with him that weekend and went out a lot. We took Maiya to Fitz's for dinner one night. It's a yummy burger joint that has amazing root beer. They actually make and bottle the root beer at the restaurant so it's fun to go watch that.
Both kids wanted to sit by her so she managed to squeeze herself between their giant car seats. Crazy girl. I know my kids were overwhelming at times, but she was so good to let them be all over her and to play with them.
We gave her a little taste of the St. Louis heat with a trip to the zoo. We were all officially melted by the end. It was fun, but oh so hot. We were just rushing from one thing to the next so we could hurry and get out of there!
It was the little man's first trip to the zoo so pictures were in order! I felt bad for him being stuck in his car seat all wet with sweat, but he was a good trooper and didn't seem to mind. This chimpanzee behind him was so funny, it was just lying on it's back asleep holding it's feet.
Don't judge. This was taken at the end of our zoo adventure and we were officially melted. We decided to stop at Fritz's frozen custard on the way home to cool off!
These two had a little too much fun playing candy crush together. They're both addicted. I think Ryan was happy to have a "gaming" buddy and Maiya was happy because Uncle Ryan helped her beat a level she was stuck on!
Most of our days were spent hanging out at home which meant lot's of popsicles, bike riding, and jumping on the tramp. Oh, and volleyball. Can't forget the volleyball :) Maiya brought her volleyball and we tried to play every chance we got. I remember teaching Maiya to play volleyball when she was about four and I was playing in High School. It's been fun to watch her develop the same love I had for the sport. She has some mad skills and I love playing with her! Her Aunt Danna is a bit rusty, but we still had a good time :)
I can't get over this boys lips. They are deeeelicious!
Maiya and I also spoiled ourselves with getting facials and even had time to squeeze in a quick photoshoot! Isn't she gorgeous?! Ayi yi yi! Her parents are in trouble ;)
The week spent with her definitely made the month of night shift so much easier on us and we were so glad she came. We weren't ready for her to go back home :( Thanks so much for all your help girl and we can't wait to see you again soon!

























0 comments:
Post a Comment