Thursday, April 10, 2014

{Hello}

Easton Douglas Pettit
Born April 9th, 2014 at 4:59 p.m.
9 lbs and 21 inches long


There is only one first moment.
Only one first breath
It's the moment that takes your breath away
The moment you fall in love
It's the  biggest day of your life.
It's your hello world, I'm here, and I'm cute moment. 
And just like that you are forever changed by this little person. 
 

 I have been so incredibly uncomfortable this pregnancy that I thought surely you would give your mama a break and come before my induction date. But nope, you were as cozy as could be, just like your brother and sister were, and you had no intention of going anywhere. I really can't complain though, I did get to have you four days early :)


I arrived to the hospital at 6:45 a.m. and we were greeted with our very own welcoming party! Since Daddy is an OB Resident at the hospital we were given extra special treatment. I was so shocked when they brought me to our delivery room. All of the nurses were there and they had completely decorated the room for us. It was so, so sweet of them and got me very excited for the day! The staff could not have been more sweet and were so great. We were definitely in good hands.  


 
 Something Daddy likes to do as an OB is ask his patients if they have a name picked out for their baby. And if they do, he writes Happy Birthday and their name up on the white board. We came to the hospital with two names for you. Harrison & Easton. We had your middle name picked out, Douglas, after your Grandpa Doug. We were planning to decide on your first name after your arrival, but after I got into my gown and settled in Daddy looked over at me and said Easton? I gave him the thumbs up, and up your name went on the white board!


 

 At 7:30 a.m. they started me on some pitocin. The next few hours Daddy and I just relaxed and watched a couple of shows. We both joked about it feeling like we were on a date for the day :) At 10:00 a.m. I was given my epidural and at 10:20 a.m. they came in to break my water. I was hardly in any pain at this point so it was nice to know that from here on out I wasn't going to be too uncomfortable! Things progressed pretty slowly after this which was kind of a bummer, but we took advantage of the time to relax and hang out some more.


By 3:00 p.m. I was finally dilated to a ten and ready to go. After thirty minutes of hard pushing you weren't budging and I was feeling super discouraged. You were my third baby, this was supposed to be easy I thought! My epidural was too strong which was making it really hard to feel anything and on top of that you were wedged in there weird making it all the more difficult to get you out. I think my doctor could tell I was feeling super discouraged and she could also tell that we weren't making much progress so she decided to give me an hour break to labor down and see if that helped.

During the next hour I backed the epidural off in hopes that I would be able to feel more when it came time to push again. This definitely did the trick and after another thirty minutes of hard pushing you FINALLY came out! Yep, it happened again. I now have three moments of "love at first sight." I was so happy when they put you on my chest. I felt like it had been so long since since I had held a tiny baby and it felt so good! It brought tears to my eyes knowing you were mine to keep.


There was definitely something we learned about you immediately . . . You. Were. BIG! Big hands. Big feet. Big head. All the doctors and nurses just kept saying, "He's huge!" They placed you on the scale and you rung up to a whopping 9 lbs! I couldn't get over it. I mean, I know people have bigger babies, but me delivering a 9 lb baby just seemed insane! My end weight during pregnancy was the exact same with all three of my babies and Adalee and Eli weighed exactly the same, 7 lbs 10 oz. I just figured you would probably be about the same. Boy was I wrong! It's no wonder I had such a hard time getting you out and it definitely explains the extreme amount of uncomfortableness I felt during the last stretch of pregnancy!





 




After holding you for a few minutes they gave you your first bath. I don't think you were a fan ;)




 My doctors and all of the nursing staff were so fabulous. I couldn't have asked for anything better! We had considered letting Daddy deliver you, but I told him the choice was his and after some contemplation he decided he just wanted to be the husband and the Daddy and not the doctor. He was such a great support to me during your delivery and I was glad to have him by my side. You are one lucky little man to get to have him for your daddy!


I think this is one of my sweetest moments of motherhood to date. When Adalee and Eli walked in to meet you for the first time I wanted to stop time in it's tracks. It was the most precious moment ever. They snuggled you right up and ooohed and ahhhed over your cuteness. They were feeling so proud of the fact that they got to be your big brother and sister. You owned them little man.




I think out of everyone your big brother was the most excited to meet you. My heart melted when I watched him run over to the couch, put his arms out, and say "Okay, I'm ready! I want to hold him!" It was priceless and oh so precious.


Miss Adalee has already decided to be your second mom and looked like a pro holding you and shshing you when you cried. I'm so glad you have these two to take care of you and love on you. 


Thank you for becoming ours. We know we have so much to learn from you and that our family wasn't complete with out you. Welcome to the Pettit Fam little man. We can't wait to watch you grow!

1 comments:

Cassie May 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM  

I love everything about this whole post! Your wording is perfect when it comes to welcoming a new baby! I still can't believe you had a 9 pounder! That hospital looks SOO nice! And, you look absolutely gorgeous.....in EVERY picture! How did you manage that?! I am so happy for your whole family! With each baby don't you agree that your family just feels a little more complete? I love it when the siblings get to be reunited. My brother told me that term and I loved it! Hope you guys are loving 3 as much as I do!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP