{Preschool Valentine's Party}
When it comes to the parties that the parents are in charge of for Addy's preschool they are a little disorganized. Disorganized as in there are two parties the parents are in charge of, Halloween & Valentine's Day. And both times I wanted to double check what I had signed up to help with and both times I was given the same response from the teacher. "Huh. Looks like no one signed up to be in charge of the party . . ." Hint, hint. How bout you do it? Keep in mind this was like the week before!
Anyway, I'm obviously more than happy to help out, just wish I had further notice!
It was cute watching all the kids line up to put valentine's in each others boxes, each so proud of what they brought. I kept the party pretty simple with a few games, a craft, and a treat. The first game we played was picking up conversation hearts with two pencils and transferring them to a piece of paper. I set a timer for two minutes and whoever had the most at the end won. Turns out it was more difficult than it looked. A couple of them were able to do it pretty good.
Next we played another time limit game, but this time they had to stack the conversation hearts on top of each other to see who could build the biggest tower with out it falling over.
We finished up the games with Bingo and a good old fashioned bean bag toss.
For the craft we made simple heart lacing cards. And for our treat I brought mini heart shaped "fruit pizzas" for them to decorate.
All in all I think the party turned out great and the kids had a good time. I'm glad I was able to spend some time with my little lady at her school!







0 comments:
Post a Comment