Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Our Love Mail}

It's no secret I love Valentine's Day. My decorations may or may not have been put up in the middle of January :) The pinks and reds together just make my heart happy!


One lonely Saturday, February 1st to be exact, Ryan was working. The kids and I had no real plans until we spur of the moment decided to head to Target's dollar bins to pick ourselves up some mail boxes! We each picked out our own and after browsing the Valentine's Day aisles for a while we headed back home for naps. During nap time my creative juices got flowing and by the time the kids woke up from naps I had made us all our very own personal decorated mail boxes with a love note writing station to boot. I couldn't look at them with out feeling completely giddy inside :)



Over the next 14 days we filled each others mail boxes with love notes, pictures drawn or colored by the kids, valentine knock knock jokes, and hershey kisses. The kids always had 2 hershey kisses every morning in their mail boxes. There was also the occasional larger candy surprises from Daddy that he would bring home from work.

It was such a simple and fun way to be reminded of the reasons we love each other and it was a definite reminder to us all to laugh and be silly with each other more.


The first thing to come out of Eli's mouth every morning was "Is there something in my mailbox?!" Both kids absolutely loved getting mail. And who am I kidding? So did I! There's just something about walking past your mailbox and spotting your flag standing up that brings a smile to your face and a rush of excitement!



This most definitely will be a tradition in our home in the years to come! Insert note, raise the flag, you've got mail! Simple simple simple :) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP