{Paradise Hawaii Days 7 & 8}
I'm not sure why I am blogging about day 7 because I actually have no recollection of what we did that day. ha! There are no pictures so I really haven't a clue what we did during the day, but I'm sure we went to the beach! I do remember we went to a very tasty burger joint that night with Grandma and Grandpa and then we walked the streets of downtown Waikiki and ordered a little slice of heaven called Hula Pie along our way. It. Was. Divine.
I found a picture of it on the internet. Yep. It really was as good as it looks. Okay I lied. It was BETTER.
Oh wait. Hold up. I found a few pictures from that night! I forgot that we also went to the pier in hopes of watching the sail boats come in. We did see a few of them, but not as many as we were hoping to. My parents have been there when lot's of them came in at the same time and they said it was so pretty with all of their sails up! Oh well, we had a nice stroll anyway :)
The darn street light lamp post things kind of ruined my sunset pictures, but I tried to make it look pretty anyway ;)
Even though the lighting and color is terrible in this picture it just might be one of my favorites from our trip. What a sweet candid moment of Miss Addy with her grandparents watching the sun go down. This is the life, right here. The moments we live for.
{Day 8}
Saturday was our final day in Hawaii. We were scheduled to be on a red eye flight that night so it was nice to have one last whole day together.
That morning we got up early and went to the swap meet in search of a souvenir for our kiddos. It turned into quite the ordeal. Who knew a 5 year old and 3 year old could be so picky?! Finally when we were almost to the end of all the shops they both found something they were excited about. Addy got a little glass bottle with tiny sea shells to put inside of it. She loves shells and all things tiny and cute so she was thrilled when she found this. Eli surprisingly was the pickiest of all. I thought he would be easy! FINALLY after showing him a million things he found his souvenir, a turtle necklace that has two turtles on it. He says its a daddy turtle and an Eli turtle :)
Our plan for the afternoon was to head to Hanama Bay to snorkel. We ended up getting a late start though due to our flight being cancelled and Ryan having to spend the next three hours trying to get us on a different flight out that night. Thankfully I have a very persistent husband that usually can get his way with these sort of things so we were still able to fly out at the same time we were originally scheduled to. And it was with a better airline and had better lay overs as well so it all worked out. But it did put a bit of a damper on our afternoon. We still went, but Ryan only snorkeled for about 20 minutes :( The kids both enjoyed their last couple of hours on the beach and then we headed back home to get ready to leave.
None of us were ready to head back to real life after our blissful week in Hawaii. It really was the perfect week and the much needed break our family had been needing. I am so grateful we were able to take this trip together and spend time with Grandma and Grandpa. It will be a while before we do any sort of trip like this one, but I'm so grateful we were given the opportunity to have our first real family vacation. I love making memories with this little family of mine. We love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you for serving your mission somewhere warm and tropical so we could have an excuse to get away and for all you did for us while we were there!







0 comments:
Post a Comment