Thursday, January 16, 2014

{Paradise Hawaii Day 6}

Day six was a yummy one! We started out the morning at the Dole Factory Plantation where we took a train ride through the fields of pineapple.


The train ride was nothing special, but we all know the real reason of why we went here, for the dole whip ice cream of course! 



It didn't disappoint. And yes, there was a lot of germ sharing going on here. It was worth it. Although my sinus headache that lasted the next several days would have to disagree. Thanks Ryan for sharing the love!


Next up was our hunt to find a sea turtle. The first place we stopped we did a lot of walking and not a lot of turtle seeing. As in, there were zero turtles. I was thinking we should just call it quits, but Ryan wanted to check one other beach. Success! We found ourselves a cute sea turtle named Bruce. No, we did not name it. It's name actually is Bruce. This particular beach has several turtles that always come back so they have tagged them and named them. Only one of them was there, but the kids were so excited that we found one!





This beach was the perfect spot for pictures. Big waves, fun rocks to climb on, and two bare footed cuties. 



Since being here in Hawaii Eli has earned the nick name "Runner." It's not really a good thing, but he is rather cute doing his routine. We call him Runner because he is constantly taking off and we are constantly chasing him down. Super annoying. But it got really cute when he started to pretend to put on his super hero gear. He starts with his hat, then the gloves, followed by the belt, next comes the glasses, and then the final step, getting his arms into the running position.


 I let him watch The Incredibles a couple weeks back and I think that's where he learned it. He had us all laughing so hard the first time he did it.

 

After the beach we hit up another local restaurant where I once again ordered, you guessed it, COCONUT SHRIMP! I can't get enough of it! The fries however were not nearly as good as the Kahuku Grill's.

And since we hadn't eaten enough between the Dole Plantation and the restaurant we thought we had better get a famous Matsumoto's shave ice ;) It's world famous, we had to do it! And let's be honest, I came to Hawaii with one goal, to eat a shave ice every. single. day. Sadly,  I didn't meet this goal and this was the only one I ate while being there, but by golly was it good! You can have ice cream and sweetened condensed milk on these bad boys! How could it not be good?!

And now here I sit, at 11:15 p.m. with six inches of snow outside my window and all I want is a shave ice!!!!! And french fries from the Kahuku Grill! I very much dislike you right now Hawaii.




Hang loose!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP