Tuesday, November 5, 2013

{Eli at Three}



Mommy: "What's your name?"
Eli: "E . . .Ummm . . . O . . . E."

Mommy: "What's your full name?"
Eli: "E-yi. Not Ryan Pettit."
Mommy: "No, you're full name IS Eli Ryan Pettit."
Eli: "No I not. I E-yi. Not Ryan Pettit."

Mommy: "What does Papa Doug call you?"
Eli: "Dwiggin!"


Mommy: " What is your favorite color?"
Eli: "Orange."

Mommy: "What's your favorite game to play?"
Eli: "The Hippo Game." (Hungry Hungry Hippo)
 
Mommy: "What is your favorite food?"
Eli: "A hot dog."


Mommy: "What's your favorite movie?"
Eli: "Mickey Mouse Pub House."

Mommy: "What is your faovorite toy to play with?"
Eli: "Horses."



Mommy: "What's your sister's name?"
Eli: "Addy."
Mommy: "What do we sometimes call Addy?"
Eli: "AddaWHINE!" (because she likes to white a lot)

Mommy: "Are you nice to her?"
Eli: "Yes."
Addy in the background: "Well he knocked my snowman's head off. He was not being nice!"

Mommy: "What do you think we should name your baby brother?"
Eli: "Brady Thomas!" (Addy said Brady, Eli wanted Thomas, after Thomas the Train of course. So they compromised. And no, we will not be using either of the names. Sorry kiddos.)

Mommy: "Where do you like to go when we leave the house?"
Eli: "Walmart."
Mommy: "Oh boy. I think you may have to be disowned if you choose Walmart over Costco!"

Mommy: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Eli: "Ummmm."
Addy in the background: "You want to be an animal doctor with me remember?!"
Eli: "Oh yeah, an animal doctor with Addy!"

Mommy: "What's your favorite animal?"
Eli: "A horse."
Mommy: "How come?"
Eli: "Because."


Mommy: "What are you afraid of?"
Eli: "The potty train."
Mommy: "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" When he said that it got me thinking, I wonder if he thinks there is an actual potty TRAIN.

Mommy: "What's your favorite song?
Eli: "Twinkle, Twinkle and Sunshine."

Mommy: "Who's your best friend?
Eli: "Addy."

Mommy: "Who's boy are you? Daddy's or Mommy's?"
Eli: "Daddy's."
Mommy: Sad face.
Eli: Pause . . . "I tooted."
Mommy: "Thank you so much for sharing that with us." He is such a boy.

Mommy: "What was the best part of your birthday?"
Eli: "Riding Butchess the horse!"
Mommy: "You mean Dutchess?"
Eli: "Yes, Butchess."


Mommy: "What's your favorite treat?
Eli: "Gum." Pause . . . "Please give me gum."

Mommy: "What do you think about before you fall asleep?"
Eli: "I play with toys and get out of my bed."
Mommy: "Yes, yes you do."

Mommy: "What was your favorite birthday present?"
Eli: "My bike!"

Mommy: "What does daddy do at work?"
Eli: "He does lot's of stuff. He gets candy canes and treats for me."



Little buddy, you make life so much fun. I honestly have no idea what we would do with out your fun and loving little self in our family. We are all 100% smitten by you. I am having the same problem I had last year and that is, I can in no way perfectly describe you. There's just something about you, all of you, that we can't get enough of!

You are always flashing your big dimply smile and talking up a storm. Everyone always comments on how well you talk. Your best friend in the whole wide world is your big sissy. I don't know what you two would do with out each other. If one of you is up before the other in the morning the first thing you want to do is wake the other up so you can start playing. You quite often are playing something imaginative whether it be "house" where you refer to her as "hunny" or are chasing each other around being some sort of crazy animal. You two also love building "pillow jumps" (pile a bunch of pillows up and jump in them) and forts/cages.

If we call you any other name besides Eli or buddy you get upset and loudly clarify that you are "E-YI!" You are a perfectionist. We have known this about you since before you learned to crawl. You took a while to crawl and to walk and I remember saying that I thought the reasoning for that was you were a perfectionist. You would just watch and observe and I knew the first time you crawled it was going to be perfectly. And it was. Well, we are seeing lot's more of the perfectionism in you as you get older. You refuse to get yourself dressed. You refuse to color anything. Your idea of coloring is telling me which color you want and making me do it for you. You refuse to try tracing letters. You refuse to potty train. I fully believe you refuse to do all these things because you know you can't do it just right. It's alright buddy, I know you'll do them someday and that when you do, it will be perfect :)


You finally committed to being a left hander. It's been up in the air until recently. You are very ambidextrous which is no surprise since Daddy and I both are as well. You have a memory like your Daddy. I literally feel like I have never sat down and taught you anything. You just listen and observe and then you remember. For instance, I was working with Addy on learning our address. One day I decided to ask you what our address was, curious to see your response, and to my surprise you spouted the whole thing off perfectly. You are one smart little boy! You have two volumes to your voice. Loud and louder.

You are very good at self entertaining and love playing with your trains, legos, and animals. Your favorite part of the day is when Daddy comes home. You excitedly run out to the garage and say "What do you got today Dad?" Daddy likes to bring you kiddos treats home from work a lot. You definitely love having treats, and snacks. You number one love right now it gum. Every time we get in the car you want a piece.


You give the best hugs. We love getting cuddles and hugs from you, even the ones that come at all hours of the night. You also have the cutest raspy voice ever. Eli, we all love you so much. You make us laugh constantly and are such a sweet, sweet spirit in our home.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP