Friday, May 3, 2013

{Utah}

After a long and miserable car ride with these little crazies of ours we found ourselves in the land of Grandma and Grandpa where kids are spoiled, loved on, get to stay up past bed time watching movies with their cousins, and spoiled some more. It's the place to go!

Addy and Eli were beyond thrilled to meat Grandma at her school for lunch. They thought it was pretty cool when they learned that Grandma is a teacher and has her very own class of fifth graders. Miss Addy thought she was so big walking around with all the fifth graders and standing in line to pick out her own lunch. It made a little bit sad to think that I only have one year left with her and then she will be off to school, standing in line to get her lunch, like a big girl :( Let's not think about that, for now, she's still mine all mine!


Grandma and Grandpa took us to Thanksgiving Point where we explored the world of dinosaurs. I'm not sure who had more fun exploring, Ryan, or the kids? Who am I kidding, of course it was Ryan! I love this about him. He is a little kid trapped in a big persons body and gets just as excited as they do. I definitely know where Eli get's his curiosity and love for building and figuring things out.






Every night I tucked Addy & Eli into bed only to find them upstairs in their cousins bedroom an hour later snuggled up on the chair watching a movie and eating popcorn. They sure do love their cousins. I can't believe the blonde gene in this family. It looks like we have several sets of twins when we are all together!


Our last night in Utah we went to the new Scheel's Outdoor Store. It's kind of funny to see a few stores that we have in Iowa start to make appearances in Utah. This Scheel's blows the one in Iowa right out of the water though. A ferris wheel? Seriously? This was the first ride the kids have ever been on and it's safe to say, they LOVED it! I was more proud of myself for riding the ferris wheel than I was of them. Ha! I could go the rest of my life with out riding one and be perfectly happy. But I guess if I'm gonna be a fun mom I better conquer a few fears of mine! Ferris wheel, check!


They also had several other things throughout the store for the kids to play with and look at including a large jeep, a shooting range, tons of animals and fish to look at, and mini bowling lanes.


A trip to Utah isn't a trip if we don't stop and see some of our friends! We are accruing quite the load of friends in Utah and it is so fun to meet up with them all even if it's only for an hour or two. I wish I had gotten pictures of them all, but time just got away from us.

One of my favorite afternoons was spent catching up with this pretty lady. I have missed my Jamie girl! We both have birthdays in May so we decided to treat ourselves to an afternoon lunch date at Cafe Rio where she proceeded to spoil me rotten. My first birthday in Iowa I was telling her how I was going to have to make my own dessert and lame that was. Well she found out what my favorite dessert was, got the recipe, and showed up on my door step with that. Best. Gift. Ever! And once again, she showed  up (in a van this time), with my chocolate eclairs, a candle, and a lighter to boot. It is my new favorite memory with her and I will never forget taking silly pictures of ourselves, singing happy birthday to each other, blowing out the candles together, and laughing ourselves sick in the front seats of her mini van :) Love my Jamie girl, thanks so much for spoiling me always!



We were also able to sneak in a quick visit to Papa Joe's. The kids are always so excited to see his trains and I'm always so excited to sit on his lap like I'm still a little girl ;) He always pats his lap for me to come sit on and then proceeds to tell me how it just seems like yesterday that I was a tiny little girl crawling up on his lap and how did I get so big?


When I pulled this picture up I had a good laugh. I really am not so tiny anymore am I?


 
A visit isn't a visit with out the famous Wright good-bye. Cummon now, do it with me. Two hands, one leg, and flap :)  See you again soon Utah. 

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP