Monday, April 29, 2013

{On the Road Again}

We drove 18 hours home for North Carolina, mad packed our house for two days in preparation of our move next month, and then we hit the road again for another 15 hours. These two babes were Utah bound! Don't let these happy smiling faces fool you. They have always done extremely well during long car rides, but I think we finally broke them. They had had ENOUGH. When I pulled Eli out of his bed at 4 in the morning to put him in the car he began to cry and say, "No mommy, stay home. Wanna go home." Poor little buddy, I felt so bad! Fifty hours of driving in three weeks may have been a little excessive . . . blah.


Our first weekend there Grandma and the kids and I were lucky enough to be bystanders in Ryan and Grandpa's very first Century bike ride! They have been training for several months now and it was just adorable watching them. Yes, you heard me. ADORABLE. I mean seriously, just look at them all cute in their matching outfits! I love that Ryan is still his Dad's buddy and that they can share this hobby together.


Looking good you two!



They finished their race in just over three hours meeting their goal of being under four hours! Way to go boys!


Miss Addy snatched that metal from Ryan so fast I didn't even really get a picture of him with it. She kept saying how she was like Wreck it Ralph now!



We are so proud of this Daddy of ours! We will be your bystanders anytime ;)


On our way home from the race we stopped in to see Great Gpa and Gma Pettit. We had so much fun and learned a lot during a trip down memory lane with Grandpa Pettit. He told us all sorts of stories and showed us lot's of pictures from his childhood. I have always loved hearing the "back when I was a kid" stories :) We enjoyed learning a few new things about the two of them, they truly are amazing.



Hugs & Kisses!



Can we say OUCH? Goodness. What kind of Grandpa tolerates this wild behavior, oh wait . . . OURS! Eli is Grandpa's little buddy and whenever I see them playing together I feel like I get a glimpse into Ryan's childhood. Eli and Ryan are so much alike in so many ways. They are little cookie cutters of each other and I love it!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP