Friday, March 1, 2013

{Flashback Friday}

I would kick myself in the rear end if I didn't record the happenings of a night from a couple months back. But first, let me give you a little intro. There is this new show on PBS kids called "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" that I have a love, hate relationship with. Love that they sing the same song over and over and over until its burned into the child's brain, seriously. Addy gets more out of those songs than if I had told her the same thing a million times. Hate that they sing the same song over and over and over until it's burned in to MY brain. I once had one of the songs stuck in my head for a straight week. I guess its was only a matter of time before the song actually came to life.

Let me sing it to you (insert extremely catchy tune here):

"If you have to go potty, STOP. And go right away! Flush, and wash, and be on your way."

Yep, that's it. Over, and over, and over again.

Wait, it's your lucky day. I found you a video clip so you can hear it yourself!



Well, fast forward a couple of weeks and I will tell you how this song came to life in the Pettit House. I just so happened to have typed it up that night after it happened and I am so glad I did. I had already forgotten some of the little details that led up to it :)

{January 11th, 2013}

"Seriously? Did that just happen? Yes, yes it did. I put a certain someone to bed tonight and five minutes later she was yelling for me. So I go in there and she says, "Sorry Mommy." Me, "Sorry for what?" Her, "I just pooped my pants." Well alright then . . . now fast forward about an hour and a half. Half asleep little miss starts screaming, "I gotta go potty, potty, potty!" So I go in there and say well go already! Meanwhile I hang back to pick up a few things in her room. I come out and walk past the bathroom and low and behold she isn't in there. Nope, she was in the living room with her pants at her ankles saying "Sorry Mommy. I'm sorry" And once again I say, "For what?" And she points to the drawer of our coffee table. Yes, yes she did. She peed all over in that thing. SERIOUSLY?! I thought I was potty training my two year old, not my four year old! And of course she saves this all for when her Daddy is working a 24 hour shift. Thanks to my friend Nicole Pfeiffer for coming to the rescue to help a girl out. Bestest.Friend.Ever."

So the moral of the story is . . . If you need to go potty, STOP (and think!) and DON'T go right away. Unless you are in the bathroom. Do not do it in a drawer, or in your pants, or ANYWHERE besides the potty. I repeat, DO NOT. And  DO NOT under ANY circumstances get caught singing this song to yourself for a week straight :)


Even though I didn't see it happen I imagine she looked something like this: 




I so badly wish I could have been in the room to watch this little act unfold.  I couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation. As much as I wanted to be upset, I just couldn't do it. I'm glad for a sense of humor in these situations and for the laughter these little ones bring to our home :)

2 comments:

Shannon March 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM  

HaHa!!! Miles sings that song ALL day long! Too bad it doesn't help him go potty on the toilet! BTW this is Shannon, not Lauren :)

Karen March 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM  

my kids sing the just keep trying and you'll get better. then they all scream we hate that song.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP