{Our Little Lady}
Mommy: "What's your name?"
Addy: "Addy."
Mommy: "What's your full name?"
Addy: "Adawee Mckae Pettit."
Mommy: "What does Papa Doug call you?"
Addy: "Hildegarde!"
Mommy: " What is your favorite color?"
Addy: "Umm . . . pink & purple."
Mommy: "What's your favorite game to play?"
Addy: "Go Fish, but sometimes I like to call it "Go Cat" instead."
Mommy: "What is your favorite food?"
Addy: "Rice and Stroganoff & Spaghetti."
Mommy: "What do you ask to eat for lunch every. single. day?"
Addy: "A bean burrito!"
Mommy: "What's your favorite movie?"
Addy: "Madagascar beacause it has a bad guy (who is actually a girl) in it. She says Walaa!"
Mommy: "Yes, yes she does."
Mommy: "What is your faovorite toy to play with?"
Addy: "Let me show you my unicorn!" (and she disappears for the next five minutes.)
Mommy: "What's your little brother's name?"
Addy: Eee-li!"
Mommy: "Are you nice to him?"
Addy: "Yeah. I a little bit bad at him. I hit him and things."
Mommy: "How old is Eli?"
Addy: "Four."
Mommy: "Nope, try again."
Addy: "One."
Mommy: "Wrong."
Addy: "Two!"
Mommy: "Ding, ding ding, we have a winner!"
Mommy: "where do you like to go when we leave the house?"
Addy: "I like to go to the zoo."
Mommy: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Addy: "A big kid. I want to be a mom. A good one. Because I have to get married so I can get a baby."
Mommy: "That's right kiddo, glad you got those two things in the right order."
Mommy: "What's your favorite animal?"
Addy: "Umm . . . a Kangaroo with a Joey baby and a pouch. Couch, pouch. Is it couch or pouch?
Mommy: "Hmmm . . . I think we had this exact same conversation last year."
Yep, that's the look. Its her signature "I'm about to whine for the next five minutes" face.
Mommy: "What are you afraid of?"
Addy: "A monster!"
Mommy: "What's your favorite song?
Addy: "I like twinkle, twinkle."
Mommy: "Who's your best friend?
Addy: "Umm . . . Morgan, & Ellie, & Cole, & KJ.
Mommy: "Who's girl are you? Daddy's or Mommy's?"
Addy: "You mean grandpa's girl?
Mommy: "Oh proud Grandpa moment right there!"
Mommy: "What was the best part of your birthday?"
Addy: "Painting at my party."
Mommy: "What's your favorite treat?
Addy: "Popcorn and a pop ring."
Mommy: "What do you think about before you fall asleep?"
Addy: "I think about books and my friends. I think about Morgan and Aubrey."
Mommy: "What was your favorite birthday present?"
Addy: "Umm . . . my camera."
Mommy: "What does daddy do at work?"
Addy: "He checks babies."
Last year her response to that question was "he checks little girls and little boys." I guess you could say "checking babies" is a move in the right direction! Ha ha!
Little Lady, you keep our life interesting. There is never a dull moment with you and you are such a girly girl in every aspect of your life. From your sassy attitude down to your pretty pink toes that must be painted at all times. You love playing dress ups and you especially love that your little brother will play them with you :) If ever you see me cooking in the kitchen you jet down the hall to grab a stool so that you can help me. You love to learn and are such a smart girl. You can even write your own name now. You are always coloring a pretty picture to give to someone. Probably your favorite thing to do is to crank up the music and have a dance party in the living room with your family, we do this multiple times a day and it never gets old with you.
You are beautiful inside and out. I have always felt like your spirit is way to big in that teeny tiny little body of yours. You are determined, passionate, sensitive and most of the time down right stubborn. I hope and pray everyday that I can be the mama you need in order to achieve what you have been sent here to do. It's sometimes very overwhelming to me because I know in my heart you weren't born to be just ordinary, you were born to do great things. You're a leader and I have sensed that from when you were teeny tiny in my arms. Sometimes Daddy and I sit back and wonder why we you came to our family as the first child, when we haven't a clue what we are doing. We often wish you came with an instruction manual, but I think you were sent here to teach us just as much, if not more, than we were blessed to teach you little one. Being your mama is the most rewarding and challenging thing I have ever had to do, but I wouldn't change a second of it. We learn and grow together little one and I hope you always know how much I love you and how special you are to our family. I'm so glad your a mama's girl little lady.







0 comments:
Post a Comment