Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{Finally Four}

I can't believe this little lady turned four on me! She's been asking me, "Is it my birthday yet?" for months now. Let's just say when I told her she could finally have her very first birthday party with friends she was a little bit excited about it. 



Most people miss the actual "blowing out of the candles" picture, but not us. Every year I get about twenty chances. She blows, and blows, and blows, and blows some more, and then she REALLY blows, and by now one candle might be blown out, so she blows some more, and a little bit more, but then there comes a point where the candles really just need to be blown out, so then we all blow. It makes me laugh, every time. Maybe on her fifth birthday she will finally learn how to blow :)


I may have persuaded Addy into having an "art" themed party. My sister threw her little girl the exact same party a few years back so I pulled up all of her fun pictures and Addy and I looked through them together. By the end she was sold on the idea ;)  Having older sisters really pays off some days :) Okay, who am I kidding. It ALWAYS pays off.

I made fun little polka dot aprons for all the girlies to protect their clothes
during all the fun. Hopefully they'll be used for lots more art fun at home.
I printed frames from the ShabbyPrincess Yours Truly collection, then we
used ink pads, thumbs and fingers to make flowers, leaves, butterfly's,
ladybugs and bumble bee's. Keep lots of baby wipes near by for inky fingers : )
I made sugar with royal icing and purchased some edible inked markers from Michael's. The girls thought it was so cool to draw on their
cookies and still eat them.
We painted rocks then added googlie eyes and let the girls use a sharpie to draw noses,
mouths, and hair. We used a blow dryer behind the scenes to speed the drying process.
We made rainbow paper chains.
We decorated foamie door hangers with fun and easy stick-able flowers and butterflies.
We played with rainbow colored homemade play dough as the all the guests were arriving.
I bought pencils, a pad of paper, and threw in some homemade playdoh in the girlie's goodie bags.
I was most excited to make her rainbow cake I first saw this
over at the Idea Room, but use can also google it for lots of other versions.

Addy and I had a great time making her cake together the day before her party. She has turned into quite the little helper in the kitchen and boy can that girl crack an egg ;) My only regret of the party was not quite getting the bright and colorful pictures I had imagined. Take the cake for instance, the top layer was hot pink and last I checked there was a really pretty turquoise layer in there too instead of two shades of green. I love our beautiful home, but it sure could use A LOT more light. But we made do and I was still able to get some cute ones.



Adalee's birthday party was five days after her actual birthday so she got to celebrate twice with a family and close friends party. She was thrilled about all of her presents. A cookie set, pet shops from the Adams family, Barbie Princess & the Popstar movie, her very own dress up trunk, a pretty dress from Gma Ginny & Gpa Doug, a Tangled doll, and her very own PINK camera from Gma & Gpa Pettit. She was beyond excited about that one.



She would probably say her favorite part of her birthday was going to Red Robin for dinner. It's her favorite restaurant because she gets a free balloon and always loves eating out with her family and friends. When did this little one get so big and beautiful? Happy Fourth Birthday little lady! I love you MORE.

3 comments:

JennaDredge January 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM  

she is TOO cute. You are pretty much the perfect mom. :) Love and miss you.

Cassie January 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM  

You never cease to amaze me!!! Such a cute theme! Hallie would have been in heaven at this party!! Cute little apron too! Hurry and move here already!

suds2004 January 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM  

So fun to catch up on your blog. You are amazing! Love the cute party idea and Christmas looked awesome! Hope the fondue turned out?

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP