{An {Egg}ceptionally {Egg}cellent Weekend}
There was a bit of partying, egg hunting, some paddle boating, picnicking, sliding, swinging, very little eating (turns out picnicking with 2 small children is quite the task), tractor riding, and a down right good time. Our branch held an Easter BBQ in our previous Branch Presidents backyard, which is nothing short of amazing, and him and his wife are just about the sweetest couple I know. He is like a grandpa to all of the children and they love going on "tractor" rides with him.
They also put on a little Easter egg hunt for the kids which always gets me all sorts of excited. I remember how much I loved participating in the Easter egg hunts growing up, but I think I enjoy them even more now than I did then because now I get to watch the excitement in my own kids. This year was Eli's first Easter egg hunt. I told Ryan I was stressing a little bit because we forgot to have a practice round with Eli before the big hunt! Before Addy's first hunt we took her out in the yard and made sure she knew how it was done ;) I'm not sure what I was worried about though because to this little boy the entire field looked like a bunch of balls. And if there is a ball, Eli WILL find it. He was going just as fast as his little legs would take him and saying, "Ball. Ball. Ball." Over and over again. Addy did great as well, that is until one of her eggs broke open and she paused to eat every last piece of chocolate in it. She must be my daughter.
Sunday morning came and the Easter bunny made his annual stop at our house to bring the kids fresh berries from his garden along with a couple surprises for them.
It was a cute sight to see Addy and Eli, hand in hand, walking into the living room to see their goodies. We spent the rest of the morning blowing bubbles and playing together, eating blueberry pancakes, painting our toe nails (Only Addy and I of course. We tried to convince Ryan, but he told us pink wasn't his color), and getting the kids all dressed up in their new Easter outfits from Grandma Ginny and Grandpa Doug. Addy looked beautiful as always and Eli was a handsome stud. As for Ryan and I, well . . . we're just glad we have two very cute accessories to haul around so we can pretend like we look cute too ;)
I couldn't let Easter go by with out decorating eggs. It was a close call, but at 6:30 p.m. on Easter we finally sat down to dye our eggs. Last year we didn't get around to doing it, but I wanted to make sure we did it this year. Addy has never dyed Easter eggs before so it was a fun activity for us to do with her. It took some major coaxing to talk her out of dying every single egg pink ;) I'm not sure where this silly tradition came from, but Miss Addy approved!











1 comments:
You've been holding out on me Danna! I need that picture of Addie and Cole holding hands :) How sweet!
As always, it looks like you had a picture perfect holiday!
We miss you guys! Glad you are coming home in a few days.
Post a Comment