{The Last Hoo Rah}

Nine months after my parents returned from their mission we were finally able to have our Dredge Family Reunion. It's tough working around everyone's school & work schedules, but they did it and it was great! This was a special reunion for us all because as my title says, it was our last "hoo rah." My parents were going to be moving to Boise the beginning of January which meant this was the last time we would all be together in our childhood home and in the little town we grew up in :(
I'm sure you're thinking I must have a plethora of pictures to share . . . but I don't. I am kind of kicking myself in the butt for not taking more, but to be honest, we were just enjoying the good company and relaxing. And that, I don't regret.
Some of the activities on the agenda for the week were ice skating, late night cards games, going to a movie, baking mini pies with Papa Doug (grand kids only), shopping, minute to win it game night, and swimming. But let's be honest, you only hold family reunions so Grandma can get an update on her family picture right? Nah . . . I'm just playing around, but that was most definitely on the agenda! Just look how much our family has grown since our last family photo!

Before we knew it the end of the week had snuck up on us and it was time to say our good-byes to each other, our home, our little town, and our friends. 
And in case you are wondering why we are all standing on the front porch waving our arms and feet like a bunch of crazies, it's a tradition. And yes, we are a bit crazy. I guess you could say it is a Wright (my mother's maiden name) tradition that has become a Dredge a tradition. Any time a bunch of us are together and it's time for someone to leave we all go outside and wave them on their way. Two hands, two feet, and flap :) Simple. Oh, and if you're the one leaving don't forget to honk before you disappear out of sight! Love this crazy tradition.
Leaving was a lot to take in and yes, many tears were shed on my part. To think that I may never be back here again broke my heart. I'm just glad we were able to make a few more memories together on our last "hoo rah."
3 comments:
I'm sad I am never going to be able to go to your house anymore! I have lots of good memories from time we have spent there! Great family picture! We still do the "Wright" family wave and honk too and will forever!
I'm sad for you to be saying goodbye to your childhood home and town. I'm glad you could all say goodbye together, though. That sounds a lot nicer.
I loved seeing the family photos and how much your family has grown. That is so awesome!
Wow...I am teary eyed myself, partly over that silly family tradition that we all do and it makes me remember my mother, silly grandma Lloydine and partly for just what a beautiful family you all are!!! I too am sad at the thought of never going to Shelley, Id. again! We did have lots of fun times there!!! I loved the family picture. Who coordinated all the colors! It was fantastic!!! I love your family, the big one and your cute little one!!! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment