{The Littlest Sunbeam}
You took a big step forward today when you became the "littlest" new sunbeam. Technically you should be in nursery for another year because you missed the deadline by fourteen days. But I saw a huge desire inside of you to learn and grow and I knew you were ready to make the jump.
For weeks we have been trying to prep you for the transition and building your excitement. Every day we would ask you, "What do you get be soon?" And your reply, which was always given with such excitement in your eyes, was "A Sunbeam!" And was immediately followed by a long list of instructions given by you, which may or may not have been drilled into your head by me ;) "You don't sit on Mommy's lap and no crying. You have to sit up tall in your chair and fold your arms. Like this (as you proceeded to show us how it was done)."
I take pictures of all the primary kids to put on the bulletin board and this was yours, taken on your very first Sunday being a sunbeam.
Your first Sunday was a bit of a rough one because not only is your mama the Primary President and had to be in with you, but your mama had to teach sharing time and you did not think it was too cool to "share" your mama with everyone else. I started to worry that maybe I had made the wrong decision, but the next week you were an entirely different little girl and shocked us all. I have never seen you sit so still and reverently.
You are such a beautiful girl and I love to sit and watch you interact with your classmates and teachers. You sing your little heart out during singing time and I can't help but smile at the sight. I am so, so proud of you.
1 comments:
She is so cute!! I cant believe she is a sunbeam.
Post a Comment