Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{Ugh}



Sickness has struck the Pettit house this week and it struck us hard. I wish I could say the picture of all those medications is an exaggeration, but it isn't. I also wish I could say that we have recovered from this nasty little bug, but we haven't. We are going on day 8 and still no end in sight.




I was kicking myself in the behind for not taking a picture of Eli about 5 days back. He looked awful. He definitely looked nothing like himself. Goopy, crusty, almost completely swollen shut eyes, and a runny nose like I've never seen. Instead I settled for pictures of the toned down version.

Oh, but don't you worry. He decided to give me a second chance because this morning we woke up to this! And believe it or not, this wasn't even as bad as it was 5 days ago.




Somehow through all that mess on his face he still manages to give us his handsome smiles and continues to make us laugh.


I thought my kids would be going crazy by now since we have been trapped in our house for a week, but I have been pleasantly surprised. They have played, laughed, snuggled, and stuck with each other through it all.

2 comments:

Lydia,  January 31, 2012 at 5:41 PM  

I am SO sorry!! It hit us 2 weeks ago and we just got over it last saturday...it was the worst thing ever. I am SO sad it made its way to yall!! Good Luck and let us know if we can help with anything!! Hope you all feel better!!

Allie,  February 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

We just got over this "bug" or something similar, blah!
Miss ya!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP