{Look Whooo's One!}
There has been way too much partying going on around here. Or is there such a thing? We were blessed to be able to celebrate Eli's birthday with family this year! It was so much more fun to share his special day surrounded with our loved ones.
Our first party took place a week before his birthday with Ryan's family. Jen, Kayla, and I spent the day making cupcakes, ruining cupcakes (which I didn't know was possible), re-making cupcakes, cooking yummy soups for dinner, and enjoying many laughs in the kitchen.
We have been into owls around our house lately and when I saw these cupcakes, an owl theme became a must for Eli's birthday. Everything turned out so cute and he was such a cutie in his owl outfit. I loved his invitations. I was going to post a picture of the final product, but somehow the announcement and his one year pictures in his owl outfit didn't make it onto the laptop. Ryan is doing a rotation near our family for the month so I am without my normal computer :( So you will just have to look at the picture I took of the announcement instead ;)
Our first party turned out to be a success! We then spent the next week gearing up for party number two, which landed on his actual birthday. This party was spent with my family, but maybe wasn't quite as fun as the first. Only because the birthday boy was sick and so, so sad. A couple days earlier he was throwing up and he still was not feeling good. I can honestly say Eli had never been grouchy or fussy a day in his life until the day of his first birthday. I felt so bad for my little man. Most of our morning was spent doing this
And although I loved the extra snuggles, all I wanted was for my boy to enjoy his birthday. After his afternoon nap he woke up a little happier so we decided to start the celebration. 
He cheered up enough to open his presents and play with his new toys, but by the time we made it to dessert he was back to being not so happy. Poor little guy.

It may not have been the birthday I had imagined for him, but we made the best of it. I did enjoy all the extra snuggles and spending time with my family :)
4 comments:
My gosh Danna, you are totally Martha. Everything on your blog, from your gorgeous pictures, to your birthday party and all the things you make. Seriously. Let's get together sometime and maybe you can give me hints on how to become more like you.
Such a cute party theme for little Eli! I love the banner still in the other post too! Too bad he didn't feel good on his bday but he still looked cute!
What a cute theme and what adorable pictures! Eli is just darling!
ps. were those MY cupcakes? and how did you ruin them?? ;)
Post a Comment