{Eli Ryan, Day 365}

Day 365 was actually on October 25th, but I got a little behind :)
Eli, my little guy, you are one! Planning out a one year post in your honor has been a daunting task. I've written it over and over in my head, but I haven't been satisfied. I have desperately wanted to describe you at this age, to record you and capture you exactly as you are now, so that I will have a perfect replica of you permanently in my memory. But alas, I can not do it. You my boy are more than I can ever describe with words. I think about you and immediately want to squeal with delight. Ahhh . . . you're everything I ever wanted in a little boy.
I knew you were going to be a sweet one before you were born. I felt such a strong connection with you immediately and knew it was you we needed in our home. I truly believe that our children come in the order they are supposed to. We had so much to learn from you at this time in our lives. You've taught me to completely throw every rule in the baby handbook out the window because guess what? These babies do not stay little for very long! I packed you around for months. I rocked you to sleep. I spent hours every evening snuggling you on the couch. And yes, I have even allowed you sleep on me all night long a number of times and I still do (don't judge). Some nights I went to bed secretly hoping you would wake up in the night because I missed you when you slept.
You have never met a food you didn't like, except for green beans. You didn't like them the first time I gave them to you and you still don't like them. You still like baby food so I continue to give it to you because it's healthy, but you also love regular food. You really don't care what you are eating. As long as you are fed you are happy. You're body is squishy and solid all at the same time. You have delicious little rolls on your thighs. We like to call you tank.
Oh Eli, you are such a goober. You bounce and squeal in your crib the second I come in to get you. I call you a goober because you are quite the silly little boy. You are always scrunching up your nose, sniffling it, and flashing big cheesy grins. We all love your dimply smile and happy personality. You love to rub and bump your head against ours. All we have to say is "bump" and you will immediately smash your head into ours. We have a funny boy on our hands and we can't wait to see your personality further develop. You already have us all laughing all the time.
You don't communicate very well using words yet, but even with the lack of words you have no problems expressing yourself perfectly clearly. You have started to attempt to say "uh oh" and we are pretty sure when you say "AHHH" you are referring to Addy. You love to wave hi to anyone and everyone. It's your favorite trick and is oh so cute ;)
You love your sister. She may take every single toy away from you, sit on you, and wrestle with you more than you like, but you still adore her. You follow her around everywhere you can and you never miss an opportunity to yank one of her pig tails. It's about the only way you can "get back" at her :) I'm glad we didn't wait a second longer to have you because she needed you. You are her bud and she loves you.
You have independently been taking steps for over a month now, but still have not decided to take off yet. You were getting pretty good at it until you got sick a couple weeks ago. You seem to have lost all motivation since, but in return I have received endless amounts of snuggles. You are one of the snuggliest babies I have ever seen. There are not too many one year olds that will curl up on the couch with their mama's numerous times a day. I always said I held you so much when you were a newborn because I wanted to turn you into a cuddler. It must have worked! You are my snuggle bug.
A mama's boy you are through and through. I have never felt so loved in my life. It's like valentines day everyday with you. Although you are a mama's boy you also share a closeness with your daddy. He loves coming home to your cheesy grins and loves that you share snuggles with him too. You are his buddy and there is nothing more sweet than watching my two boys together. I might even vouch to say that at this point you have him wrapped around your finger even more than sister does.
Your greatest attribute is your tender heart. If I tell you "no" you immediately drop your head to the ground and sob. If you think any of us are mad at you, you cry. You are a sensitive little guy. I guess I should be trying to toughen you up, but I think it's kinda cute. I haven't had the heart to take it away from you yet. You always pat our backs and give us rubs and you have been known to give a slobbery kiss or two.
If you are crying their is one thing that fixes it every time. Your binky. You LOVE your binky. I usually walk into your bedroom to find you with two binkies. You often stash them under your bumpers for later ;)
Baby boy, you have forever changed all of our lives. We can't remember what life was like with out you, nor do we wish to. We have celebrated every day, of every week, of every month for the past twelve months knowing you are ours.
Happy year, little guy. We love you.
4 comments:
I love how the pictures turned out. He's a cutie for sure!
Love his cake pictures!! Can't wait to spend more time with this awesome little man at Christmas.
awww he is so so so so so cute! I love his bib, his smile, the background, the cake......everything!!! Happy bday little dude!
Oh Danna, those pics turned out amazing {no surprise!!} Happy Birthday to your little guy, can't believe he is a year!!! What a little cutie, I just wanna nibble on him :)
Post a Comment