{Summer Fun #15}
Have you missed us? In case you are wondering why our blog has been forgotten for a couple weeks it's because we have been doing this . . .
#15 Road Trip
We were all so excited to go visit our family in Utah & Idaho. So excited that we decided to be crazy and start our long road trip at midnight! Actually, in all honesty, we were just hoping for a few more zzzzz's from the kiddos during the long drive.
Surprisingly, our sweet babes did awesome! Addy only cried once during the 17 hour drive and Eli only twice. I don't think we could have asked for a smoother drive. Except for maybe a better Barbie Doll toy for Addy instead of the cheap-o one from the dollar store.
It was definitely the most humorous moment of the trip when I heard Adalee say, "Oh boy." I turned around to see a very concerned little girl holding her one legged barbie doll. Don't worry. Mom came to the rescue and with the help of Dr. Dad we were able to perform surgery for the poor thing. She's as good as new!
I think it's safe to say we have gone above and beyond our simple goal of "Go on a Road Trip" seems how we have already traveled in the car for a grand total of 24 hours and we have 20 more to go! Wish us luck and maybe in my very, very few spare moments that aren't filled with an insane amount of fun, I will try to update you all on our adventures. No promises though. For now, we are off to play!
2 comments:
(This is Chrissy) I LOVE Eli with the sunglasses! He looks like such a stud muffin! I'm so glad to hear they did so awesome on the way out. I hope the ride home is just as smooth!
That's so very funny! Chloe usually takes such good care of her dolls because her cousins usually do NOT and she's seen the destruction they can do with barbies/toys. However, Chloe has also learned that toys break and that's okay...
Miss you!
Post a Comment