{Can't Get Enough}

Goodness, has it been another month already? You my boy, have got to stop growing!
As we speak you are in your crib screaming, which is rare coming from you. It's just been one of those days. If sister's not happy, aint nobody happy! I'm pretty sure you are teething because you are rarely ever fussy. I am going to have to type quick because I can't bear to listen to you cry like this for too long. For some babies "crying it out" works, but for you that's not the case. You will scream until I come to your rescue. I don't mind though. I will drop everything I'm doing just to get in another snuggle with you.
There is one thing, and only one thing, that hasn't changed about you from day 1 of your life. You are a mama's boy. All you have to do is catch a glimpse of me and you immediately give the biggest, cutest smile ever. Which in turn, melts my heart and makes me want to squeeze you to death. On the flip side, all you have to do is catch a glimpse of me leaving and you immediately give the biggest pouty face and heart piercing scream ever. I'm flattered, really. It does make things a bit tricky sometimes, but I do find it quite adorable.
You are very entertaining to watch. Daddy and I have noticed how inquisitive you are. Most kids have a rattle and all they do is shake it around. You on the other hand, intently study each and everyone of your toys. Turning them back and forth between your baby soft hands until you've figured it out just so. You also have extremely fast reflexes for your age. I have never seen a baby your age grab at something as fast as you do. You catch us all by surprise. Especially Addy. She is starting to get upset with you when you snatch one of her toys right out of her hands. We can't hide anything from you. By the time your eye catches something it's too late. I have to keep your dirty diapers at a FAR distance from you while changing you. You may be a little slow on sitting up, crawling, walking, etc. But I'd say you're ahead of the game as far as brains go :)
At 7 months you are a:
Master at sitting up, most of the time ;)
Pincher, which is why I no longer have skin on my cheeks or neck, your two most favorite places to pinch.
Jammer. You have discovered your rhythm and are constantly bobbing that cute head of yours.
Mama's boy.
Gagger. Yes, you still gag on your baby food. But at least it's usually only the first bite now. You make an itty bitty opening in your mouth just to get a taste, which is then quickly followed by your gag. We have discovered that the faster we shovel it in the happier you are about eating it. Fine by me :)
Devoted binky and blankie lover.
Mama's boy
Smile-inducer. You stare people down until they give you their attention and then the game is over. You win. Mission accomplished. They will now be smiling at you for a minimum of five straight minutes.
Snuggler.
Screamer. Not a mad scream, but rather a joyful . . . squeal :)
And yup . . . still a Mama's boy.
5 comments:
Awwww! I miss my little buddy. Hopefully he hasn't forgotten me.
He is one handsome little guy. Can't wait to meet him!
Eli is so precious. My little guy is a mamas boy too! I love it!
he is SOOOOO cute! I miss his little snuggles with me! He is one handsome boy!
I love this series of pictures. So cute, and those blue eyes, and his hair all styled, love it!
Post a Comment