Tuesday, December 14, 2010

{Santa's Nice}



Saturday we had our branch Christmas party. In preparation for seeing Santa we started telling Addy that Santa was nice. After a terrifying experience with the giant, fake, singing Santa at Lowe's, Adalee has been scared to death of all Santas in any form.

As we were standing in line to sit on Santa's lap she kept saying, "Santa nice, Santa nice" in a very scared, unsure voice as if trying to convince herself that he really was nice. It was so funny! She continued to scream it "Santa nice, Santa nice!" as she sat on my lap and I sat on Santa. She wouldn't even look at him when he tried to give her a fruit snack. Poor girl. I think she has been scarred for life.

After seeing Santa we enjoyed a nice dinner and enjoyed watching the primary children act out the nativity scene. Unfortunately I had to step out to feed Eli during the nativity, but the speakers were on in the mother's lounge so I could still hear. As I was sitting there listening, the narrator started to chuckle and then I heard a child screaming and bawling. I thought, oh no, that is totally my child. Turns out that during the nativity scene Adalee decided she wanted to be part of it. She slowly walked up to the manger and quietly sat down, folded her arms, and stared at the baby Jesus, which was a baby doll. She then proceeded to reach her hands in and pull baby Jesus right out of the manger and walk off with him! The primary kids weren't too happy about this and Ryan quickly took her back to the manger to place the baby back. Miss Addy was not at all thrilled about this so she turned around, plopped her little bottom down, and started bawling. I so wish I could have been there to see it!

I love that we finally have a toddler to do all those cute things you always hear about. They are so unpredictable :)

1 comments:

Rhonda Montgomery December 14, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Oh my, where was the video camera for that one. Maybe someone got it on film. That is just too funny! Gotta love'm!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP