{First Snow}

We finally had our very first snow of the year! I guess I shouldn't say finally. I was just fine with it holding off for this long ;) Whenever I think of the first snow fall I always picture big snow flakes softly falling, dancing their way to the ground. If you live in Iowa you definately need to lower your expectations because all you're going to get is a windy, nasty blizzard! Nothing pretty about it. Snow will not only be falling from the sky, but will also be coming up from the ground. Doesn't it sound like so much fun?!
This years first snow fall was no exception. It started snowing and blowing Saturday and by Sunday morning it was still going. As a result they canceled church. I probably shouldn't have been excited about this, but I couldn't help it. An extra five hours with my hubby? I'll take it! Ry was cute and made Addy and I a nice hot breakfast consisting of waffles and hot chocolate! It was Adalee's first time having hot chocolate. I think she liked it. What do you think?

The rest of the day we hung out in our comfies and played all day long. I'd say it was a good first snow fall and I'm sure we have MANY more of these days to come :)
1 comments:
Aren't you the lucky ones. I must admit a free Sunday to lay around and play with family sounds great to me! The kids are darling!
Post a Comment