{through my eyes}

Through my eyes, I see two babies here. Through my eyes I look down to see that baby number one is rather round and large and looks like nothing more than a ball. Through my eyes I see baby number two playing peek-a-boo around baby number one. 
Through my eyes I see you clinging to my legs all day laughing, crying, talking, but always near. My heart aches when I think about the day I will look down and you will be gone. But for now, through my eyes, you are still there. So even though it makes it a little harder to get things done while you are clinging to my legs I am going to enjoy the here and now and the view through my eyes.
You have become quite the mama's girl lately. I think you are sensing a change coming. Sometimes I get frustrated because all you want me to do is hold you, but lately I have come to realize that it's okay. I don't need to rush you into things. You don't need to be a big girl just yet. It's okay if we spend the entire day together doing nothing productive. It's okay if we take a nap together. It's okay if I still have to help you eat. It's okay if you make me carry you down the stairs. It's okay if you're not potty trained or sleeping in a "big girl" bed. It's okay if I drag you out of your crib in the middle of the night to cuddle with me. It's okay because you are still my baby girl. So take your time on that growin' up thing because mommy has decided she isn't ready for you to be a big girl. For now, through my eyes, you are still my sweet baby girl.
0 comments:
Post a Comment