Saturday, March 13, 2010

Operation "HELP"

A couple weeks ago Addy and I left our winter wonderland and headed to slightly warmer weather in Idaho. My sister Stephanie delivered her baby prematurely at 32 weeks so we went to help out with her other kiddos as she was running back and forth between the hospital. Addy and I are gettin pretty good at this "helping" thing :) And any excuse to see my sisters is worth it!



It's always a bit challenging traveling with a baby by yourself, but I think Addy and I have it down to a science. Her and I have flown together 4 different times by ourselves in her short 1 year of life. It seems like one of the most difficult parts is always getting through security. Take your shoes off, empty your diaper bag, take her shoes off, take the coats off, put all liquids into a zip lock bag, all while trying to hold her, hmmm...this time around I came with a game plan. Place Addy in a bin and send her on through the x-ray. Problem solved, free hands! Alright, alright, so I didn't really send her through the x-ray, but we did use the bin to full advantage. Yeah, we will be doing this more often :)



For about the first 4 days Addy clung to my legs for dear life, poor thing didn't know what to think of all these crazy boys running around. But after she adjusted we had ourselves a good time and she had lot's of fun with her cousins! She fell in love with warmer weather and the fact that she could experience playing outside. Adalee and the play set were love at first sight, meant for each other :)





We of course did a couple photo shoots during our visit. I can't get over this little boy. I could take pictures of those chocolaty brown eyes all day. Landon definitely won my heart over.



Adalee is beginning to look like a toddler...tear(sniffle, sniffle). Just in the last month I feel like her appearance has changed so much. She is full of personality and is one big goof ball! Love this girl :)






What would a trip be with out a little shopping? Digging in the dollar bins at Target was the perfect kind of shopping trip for these flower children :)



Thanks to Jason, Stephanie and I were able to enjoy a girls afternoon and do some real shopping with out any kids. My sister Shelley also came to help and we were able to overlap a couple of days. It was so fun to have all the sisters together, laughing, crafting, and staying up too late. I wish we all lived closer so we could do it more often :(

My last day in Boise Stephanie was finally able to bring Ammon home. How special this was for their family and I am so glad we were able to be there. He is quite the cutie.



The whole time I was gone Ryan kept telling me that he had a BIG surprise for me when we got home, but then he told me I wouldn't like the surprise. WHAT?!?! I didn't understand, a surprise, that I wouldn't like?? That's no fun. As Addy and I were on the escalator going to meet him I spotted him and noticed his "surprise" immediately. I am going to directly quote my sister in-law Shel because she stole the words right out of my mouth and I couldn't have said it any better. "Suprise, Welcome home lovely wife, it is I your Mountain Man Med School husband....ahhh, what every woman dreams of:)" Why a mountain man you say? Well, let me show you...



Ewww...a beard! Or his attempt at a beard I should say;) He was pretty proud of himself and was all for a photo shoot. He got really in to it ;) haha! Less than 24 hours later he was stripped of his manhood and sent back to face his school buddies like a sad little puppy dog. He's whipped, it's true. That's right, I wear the pants in this relationship. But beard or no beard, it was good to be home and back together as a family. Addy and I missed him!

2 comments:

Rhonda Montgomery March 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Well, I must like the mountain man type, cuz I think your man looked pretty handsome with his scruff and hat! Of course, I don't have to kiss it (the scruff, I mean!). I have had to kiss that stuff and it is no fun! Nothing worse than whisker burn! Your pictures look great! Thanks for sharing!

shelbell March 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Hahaha. How long did that take him? Tell him at least it's not patchy:) Nice hat btw. Where in the world did that come from? Thanks for documenting it, it's always fun to check on your cute blog!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP