Pink & Brown Polka Dot Party

If there's one thing we have a lot of around our house it's pink & brown and lot's of polka dots and we couldn't have the birthday girl dressed in anything but that! Addy had a wonderful day filled with lot's of kisses, birthday singing, phone calls with birthday singing, balloons, and presents, but only a little bit of...cake. I didn't get quite the reaction I was looking for, but I decided to embrace it anyway! As the saying goes, "like mother like daughter." It turns out Miss Adalee does NOT like to get her hands messy. She just kept staring at her "messy" hands and then when we tried to get her to dig into it more she began to cry. We couldn't have the birthday girl crying so we decided to see if she would like it better in her high chair. Hmmm...nope! She was not having any of it. In fact, I'm pretty sure she was afraid of it. The only way she would eat it was if we fed it to her and after a few minutes she didn't even want that. Crazy girl!! After all our hard working making the cake...


To keep the birthday girl happy we decided to move onto the presents. She loved ripping every gift open and as soon as she was done with one she was on to the next! We spent the rest of the afternoon watching her play with her new toys and as always...giving her lot's of loves!
Adalee at 1 Year:
Weighs 18 pounds 1 oz. (8th percentile, she sure is a tiny little thing!)
Has 5 teeth and is working on a couple more
Can take some steps on her own, but chooses to crawl most of the time because it's faster
Says Uh-oh, mama, dadda, kitty, and I'm pretty sure she calls her baby Addy
Loves to dance, sing solos, and be tickled
Insists on pulling as many articles of clothing off as possible when we are in the car. So much for trying to hurry to get in out of the cold! I always open the door to find her grinning ear to ear, and a pile of her socks, shoes, beanie, toys, and blanket all on the ground.
Can open cupboards (unfortunately)
Enjoys reading her books and "organizing" in her spare time. haha It's more like pulling everything out of drawers, throwing it on the ground, and then trying to put it back in. Or unfolding my laundry when I'm trying to fold it. I find random things placed in strange places. For instance, she took her shoes off and placed them in her toy box.
Jibber Jabbers all day long. Our house is filled with the sound of her cute girlie jabbers. She is always telling us some kind of story :)
We can't wait to see what Addy has in store for us this year!
6 comments:
wish we couldve been there to celebrate with you guys! she sure is a doll. all our love to you guys! cant wait to come and visit.
She's so cute and I love the cake you made too! You did such a good job!
You are an awesome photographer!!!!
I love the cute pictures Danna! She is adorable and you did a great job with the cake! Wish we could have been there to help with the celebration!
I absolutely love those polka dots!!! Did you make the cake and if so, how did you do the giant dots? It is so cute. She is certainly a sweetheart and it is so fun to see her grow up! Love ya, Aunt Rhonda
Oh, Danna! What adorable birthday pictures! Love her!
Post a Comment