Thursday, October 15, 2009

Help Has Arrived...

Help arrived alright, and in very poor condition! The past two weeks I was in Virginia helping my sister with her kiddos and new little one. Unfortunately our trip got off to a rough start. As if I wasn't nervous enough about flying with Addy by myself, but on top of it the night before I was supposed to leave I got the stomach flu! I don't know how I got out of bed and got myself on that plane, but I did and we survived thanks to the very nice couple sitting behind me who I had to pass Addy off to numerous times while I took a trip to the bathroom.

After about 18 hours of not being able to keep anything down my sister decided it was time to take me to the emergency room. Four hours, and 3 liters of saline later, we headed back home feeling much better and in perfect timing for me to be of some real help. The next day the Reynold's family welcomed their new addition, Sarah Claire. She is the sweetest little doll and is so adorable! I was ready to take her home with me :)



It is crazy the difference in size between Addy and little Sarah and they are only 9 months apart. You forget how small they are and it made me really sad when I realized that my baby isn't a baby anymore :( I hope these girls will be the best of buds when they get a little older.



Addy loved every second of attention from her cousins, esepcially from Miss Emma. Emma took good care of Addy while we were there. She helped give her snacks, always helped to make her happy when she was crying, informed me when Addy had a "tinky" diaper (she was always determined to stay during the diaper changing process while covering her nose with her shirt), took baths with her, and played with her all day long. She even came up to me and said, "Aunt Danna, can Addy be a princess with me?" It was sooo cute. They were the best of buds for 2 weeks and I'm sure Addy was sad to say good-bye. Unfortunately it just isn't as fun to only have mommy to play with.


Emma and Addy playing princesses



A trip to the pumpkin patch



A little mother daughter photoshoot, thanks Shelley!





I am so glad I got to go help Shelley. It isn't very often that her and I get to see eachother so I am glad I decided to go for two weeks. We had a great time together and Addy and I enjoyed spending time with her little family. Missing you already...

2 comments:

whit October 17, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

you make me want to have a baby sooo bad! :) she is soo stinking cute. I can't believe your flight out there - what a nightmare, i'm sorry!

jkroper October 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

Addy is so freakin cute! I miss you guys lots! Can't wait until you come back to visit!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP